A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

Audi A7 + H&R springs!! (photos)

Old 07-05-2012, 06:31 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Another one for your enjoyment.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/76289372@N07/7512014320/http://www.flickr.com/photos/76289372@N07/7512014320/ by http://www.flickr.com/people/76289372@N07/, on Flickr
Old 07-05-2012, 06:38 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I knew it was you that talked to them today because they told me some dude was complaining about his lowered A7 with those replicas rubbing the fenders.

Achtuning is a great shop to deal with.

H&R definitely needs to modify the drop info on their website.

This is H&R's A7 from the website. The depicted A7 is not as low as mine.

Originally Posted by Kyn Prime
Mother F'r

You are in seattle?

Where you at Achtuning today?

Your car must have been the one the put 12mm spacers on to test the set up I have... which confirmed the rubbing at 25 offset.

They also agreed... as I said.. .there is no way in hell H&R is advertising a correct drop... in fact achtuning told me today they were going to modify on there website.

They guys there are great... they are sending me the same wheels I have at a 40mm offset for free so I can get the clearance I need upfront.

Drop looks great... and even makes stock look a lot better.... cant go back!!!

Take it out and hit a few hard dips and turn hard into some dips and tell me what happens.
Old 07-05-2012, 06:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hilarious... small world!!!

That pic is deceiving... when I first got my car my eyes popped... then i got the rubbing and thought the installers had f'd up royally when in fact it was H&R all along.

Originally Posted by aquarian
I knew it was you that talked to them today because they told me some dude was complaining about his lowered A7 with those replicas rubbing the fenders.

Achtuning is a great shop to deal with.

H&R definitely needs to modify the drop info on their website.

This is H&R's A7 from the website. The depicted A7 is not as low as mine.

Old 07-05-2012, 06:58 PM
AudiWorld Member

Achtuning has already modified the info on the drop:

Front 1.75" lower than stock
Rear 1.0" lower than stock

We are slammed!

Got that everyone that wants H&R springs on your A7.... read those numbers again... the drop looks awesome... but DO NOT ATTEMPT TO GO WITH AN OFFSET GREATER THAN 37 UP FRONT OR YOU WILL GET RUBBING.

Rear is fine... so I will be running staggered in about a week

25 rear.
37 upfront.
Old 07-05-2012, 07:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

and one more thing... find an alignment **** like the guy I posted about below.... dont just go to some cheap alignment place...

you want this tuned properly now that you are stepping up from civilian mode.
Old 07-05-2012, 07:31 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

This A6 uses the same springs from H&R, yet the company claims the drop for the A6 to be 1.4 for the front and 1.3 for the rear.
Old 07-05-2012, 09:22 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

So dramatic! lol Come on man, I've been running 20x10.5 (Im on my 3rd set) which is equivalent to a 5mm ET with the stock 8.5" wheels without any *rubbing* and zero modifications to the car. I think what Achtuning should state on their website that their wheels will fit fine but only with a tire change. A 265/30/20 would definitely work. I've run as wide as 285s (25 series aspect ratio) and 295s would fit as well but then getting into ride quality degradation.

All of the variables matter, lowering height, tire size, offset, spring rate, etc, etc. but the A7 is a W-I-D-E car, wider than it's A6 sibling in the same way that an A5 is wider than the A4. It is a wheel designer's dream.

I'm a flush with the fender guy though FWIW...

Last edited by Quattrings; 07-06-2012 at 05:00 AM.
Old 07-06-2012, 11:09 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by aquarian

Just picked my A7 up from Achtuning and I was like, wow, that's low! According to the H&R website, the springs would lower the car about 0.75 or so inches. This is definitely about 1.5 inches or so. I am coming from the non-sport A7. I asked the shop and they said that 0.75 inches is probably from the European spec. US cars have to have certain front bumper clearance so that's why it's lower than it was supposed to be.

Ride quality is not compromised at all, and body-roll has been significantly reduced. I really like the way it handles and turns now.

I now have to be really careful about going over bumps and parking....
Looks good, Inspired me to order my own set. Will be doing the install myself, hopefully everything goes smoothly.
Old 07-06-2012, 12:34 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Listen to his guy. He knows what he's talking about.

Originally Posted by Quattrings
So dramatic! lol Come on man, I've been running 20x10.5 (Im on my 3rd set) which is equivalent to a 5mm ET with the stock 8.5" wheels without any *rubbing* and zero modifications to the car. I think what Achtuning should state on their website that their wheels will fit fine but only with a tire change. A 265/30/20 would definitely work. I've run as wide as 285s (25 series aspect ratio) and 295s would fit as well but then getting into ride quality degradation.

All of the variables matter, lowering height, tire size, offset, spring rate, etc, etc. but the A7 is a W-I-D-E car, wider than it's A6 sibling in the same way that an A5 is wider than the A4. It is a wheel designer's dream.

I'm a flush with the fender guy though FWIW...
Old 07-06-2012, 01:02 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by iewsemaj
Looks good, Inspired me to order my own set. Will be doing the install myself, hopefully everything goes smoothly.
Let us know how it goes.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Audi A7 + H&R springs!! (photos)