A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

Audi Custom Build

Old 09-12-2015, 11:54 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audi Custom Build

Do any of you have experience with the custom build program here in the USA. The website is not particularly informative and the dealer wasn't particularly helpful either. I was able to find the available colours for the program on the audit.uk site although I don't know if the same colors are available in the USA (I would assume they are since it is custom but who knows). I liked many of them better than the stock choices. So here are my questions:

What exactly can be customized? I know the exterior color can and the interior seats but don't know what else is involved.

Is it possible to get paint color samples? It is pretty much impossible to get a feel for the color just from a computer screen. Nice to have samples you can look at in different lighting.

Same with the leather choices. Nice if I could get swatches of leather to look at and feel.

Anything else you can add about the process.
Old 09-13-2015, 09:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Gavia
Do any of you have experience with the custom build program here in the USA. The website is not particularly informative and the dealer wasn't particularly helpful either. I was able to find the available colours for the program on the audit.uk site although I don't know if the same colors are available in the USA (I would assume they are since it is custom but who knows). I liked many of them better than the stock choices. So here are my questions:

What exactly can be customized? I know the exterior color can and the interior seats but don't know what else is involved.

Is it possible to get paint color samples? It is pretty much impossible to get a feel for the color just from a computer screen. Nice to have samples you can look at in different lighting.

Same with the leather choices. Nice if I could get swatches of leather to look at and feel.

Anything else you can add about the process.

My 2016 RS7 with Audi Exclusive Interior arrived 2 months ago, so I know the process of ordering.

You have to go through your dealer and they will get in touch with an Audi Exclusive Representative to help you to customize your vehicle.

If you chose Exclusive Exterior color, you pay extra $3900 for exclusive paint color. Each year they have certain exclusive color you can order (about 50 different colors)...again, to get the list, your dealer can obtain. To get an idea of the color see this:
All Audi Colors | GTCarLot.com
Audi doesn't offer any paint samples, so you have to look at the pics online and its hard because the some paint look different when under sunlight vs in the shade.

As for the Exclusive interior, they charge you an Exclusive Interior Fee of $1200 ON TOP of whichever leather package you order. Again, you can get the exclusive interior order guide thru your dealer. Each year they change the packages up a little differently. Basically, for the interior, you can get any color leather or Alcantara material they offer with different color of stitching. The options are limitless. Each panel of leather can be any different color or stitching if you like. Best way to get an idea of what you want in the interior is to google Audi Exclusive Interior pics online...there are tons of pics. Here's a pic of an Exclusive Sports seat that I found online:

Here's my Exclusive Interior RS7:
2016 Sepang Blue RS7 with Audi Exclusive Interior Just Arrived

Remember, when you go thru Audi Exclusive...your car will take 2-3 months longer to arrive and because its a custom order car, your likelihood of getting discount off the MSRP will be a lot less.
Attached Images  

Last edited by chucky0731; 09-13-2015 at 09:48 AM.
Old 09-13-2015, 11:19 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by chucky0731
My 2016 RS7 with Audi Exclusive Interior arrived 2 months ago, so I know the process of ordering.
Thanks very much for the explanation. As everyone has already told you over at Audizine you did a very nice job customizing your RS7. As far as the discount off MSRP is concerned I assume the the dealer will honor the 6% ACNA discount even with a custom order.
Old 09-13-2015, 03:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Gavia
Thanks very much for the explanation. As everyone has already told you over at Audizine you did a very nice job customizing your RS7. As far as the discount off MSRP is concerned I assume the the dealer will honor the 6% ACNA discount even with a custom order.
Thx Gavia.

They should honor the 6% discount, if you're a lifetime member of ACNA or a member for at least 6months...but check with them.

The 6% discount unfortunately doesn't apply to my car...an RS7 so I got screwed.

I only got a friends/family discount of $2000 (because I know the owner's son), then another $1500 off because I was an owner of a 2009 S5.

Good luck customizing your vehicle....its an awesome rush when it finally arrives and it will be one-of-a-kind vehicle.

Last edited by chucky0731; 09-13-2015 at 03:43 PM.
Old 09-18-2015, 12:33 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

The order guide I have says that on an A7 you can do the following. It's pretty old though as it was from back around when I ordered my S6.

External:
- Paint Color ($3900 for most colors, matte not available)

Internal (Picking any of these requires a $1200 Fee):
- Custom Leather & Stitching ($4600, requires contour seats, door trim inserts, center armrest, & knee pad, does not include back seat cover)
- Custom Leather & Stitching ($8350, requires contour seats, door trim inserts, center armrest, knee pad, & door arm rest)
- Airbag Cover & Door Armrests in Leather ($1700)
- Controls in Leather ($1050, steering wheel & gear shift)
- Steering wheel in Leather ($800)
- Stitching in Alcantara headliner ($650)
- Wood Inlays ($1850)
- Carpet & Floor mats ($2700)
- Floor mats ($600)

EDIT: There's also an email address for "special requests" or questions.

Last edited by jasonlitka; 09-18-2015 at 12:36 PM.
Old 09-18-2015, 02:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by jasonlitka
The order guide I have says that on an A7 you can do the following. It's pretty old though as it was from back around when I ordered my S6.

External:
- Paint Color ($3900 for most colors, matte not available)

Internal (Picking any of these requires a $1200 Fee):
- Custom Leather & Stitching ($4600, requires contour seats, door trim inserts, center armrest, & knee pad, does not include back seat cover)
- Custom Leather & Stitching ($8350, requires contour seats, door trim inserts, center armrest, knee pad, & door arm rest)

EDIT: There's also an email address for "special requests" or questions.
That's pretty much the same for the RS7 except the RS7, you can get matt paint...they offered me Sepang Blue Matt, I declined.

Also, because the RS7 has options for both Sports Seats with honey comb stitch and regular contour seats, you will see 4 Audi Exclusive leather packages in all...two for Sports seats and two for regular seats.

Hope that helps.