AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   A7 (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a7-192/)
-   -   Audi Premier Purchase or Lease - Refinance at end of term? (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a7-192/audi-premier-purchase-lease-refinance-end-term-2874622/)

samsoccer7 11-14-2014 07:55 AM

Audi Premier Purchase or Lease - Refinance at end of term?

Hi, I did a premier purchase on my 2012 A7 and the 3 years ends around Thanksgiving. I did it for a number of reasons, being that I could use pretax dollars for my payments through my employer, and I wanted to avoid double IL sales tax and the monthly use tax.

Anyway, I'm gonna owe 30k+ in a few weeks if I want to keep the car (and I think I do since I'm not super excited about the 2015 S7). Has anyone used a good refinance option with low rates to do something like this? It's the first car I've purchased and I've never had to do something like this before. Thanks.

Phoenix1 11-17-2014 07:19 AM

Originally Posted by samsoccer7 (Post 24624267)
Hi, I did a premier purchase on my 2012 A7 and the 3 years ends around Thanksgiving. I did it for a number of reasons, being that I could use pretax dollars for my payments through my employer, and I wanted to avoid double IL sales tax and the monthly use tax.

Anyway, I'm gonna owe 30k+ in a few weeks if I want to keep the car (and I think I do since I'm not super excited about the 2015 S7). Has anyone used a good refinance option with low rates to do something like this? It's the first car I've purchased and I've never had to do something like this before. Thanks.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Shop around for rates, but money is pretty cheap right now and for a refinance, there's not much room. Start with your local bank and checkout term and rates. My local PNC lists rates for 2012 cars at 2.5%. See if Audi finance can beat your local banks. Can you negotiate the purchase price from Audi or get them to throw in extended maintenance or heavily discounted warranty if that's what you want? I would not use a home equity line of credit for a car purchase. Just some thoughts. BTW - I bought my car and financed for 5 years with a car loan from my local bank. Audi finance jerked me around and at the last minute offered a rate two tenths lower - which I did not take. Good luck!

princealyy 11-17-2014 01:22 PM

I would buy this car in a hearbeat... make sure you buy it off the lease ... its a smoking deal and you know how you drove it.. good luck with it... go to a credit union (terrible response due to iPhone keyboard)

mjm3457 11-17-2014 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by princealyy (Post 24625302)
I would buy this car in a hearbeat... make sure you buy it off the lease ... its a smoking deal and you know how you drove it.. good luck with it... go to a credit union (terrible response due to iPhone keyboard)

Totally agree; I'd buy this car in a minute. I have a 2012 A7, Premium Plus with 35,000 miles. If I could get it for $30+K, wouldn't hesitate; that's a steal. My credit union has used car loans at 2.99% for 60 months for 100% of the purchase price. Shopping around you might do even better.