A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

Black A7/Vossen CV3//H&R Springs/Stereo Mod

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2013, 07:51 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

From what I understand the sport suspension is going to give you less body roll to begin with. However, lowering the center of gravity with progressive (H&R) rate springs, will almost always reduce your body roll. My concern is your non-sport suspension's ability to handle the progressive spring over the long term as this will most certainly put more pressure on those (non-sport) shocks. Which is why, Stasis, the dealer offered brand, also upgrades the shocks to handle the increased spring load. I am pretty certain you will notice a significant improvement. Talk to any racing shop and they will tell you.
Old 01-31-2013, 07:55 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by dgranz
From what I understand the sport suspension is going to give you less body roll to begin with. However, lowering the center of gravity with progressive (H&R) rate springs, will almost always reduce your body roll. My concern is your non-sport suspension's ability to handle the progressive spring over the long term as this will most certainly put more pressure on those (non-sport) shocks. Which is why, Stasis, the dealer offered brand, also upgrades the shocks to handle the increased spring load. I am pretty certain you will notice a significant improvement. Talk to any racing shop and they will tell you.
Will do, thanks very much for the info.
Old 01-31-2013, 09:57 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Sweet!!!!!
Old 02-01-2013, 05:30 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

stereo mod with a JL 10W3 (2 Ohm) w/ 600 watt JL amp.
Your A7 looks awesome! Nice photography.

Can you describe the improvements your hearing with the JL sub upgrade. The sub location in the back hatch certainly looks custom, however, do you experience solid & tight bass in the front?

Crossover point?

Approximate cost?

Thanks.
Old 02-01-2013, 06:34 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

looking@audi, thanks. Given that I just took the existing sub out, dedicated an amp to the new sub and added bass control **** for the sub, there wasnt a Cleansweep (or crossover) added. I need to check but I dont believe the bass control in the Audi MMI controls the sub anymore, the sub is now controlled by the new bass control added under the steering wheel. I have turned down the bass in the Audi MMI and boosted the sub. You will need to play with the "input volume" in MMI to get it right.

The sub upgrade definitely hits a much lower bass frequency than the stock sub (which is a ported 8" inch in a plastic enclosure with hardly any voice coil to it). The bass quite a bit more than stock but not obnoxious. Its a nice balance of tight and low. The sportback design helps with this significantly.
Old 02-01-2013, 08:08 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Your H&R springs do not drop as much as mine, and some others who also have the same springs. Perhaps those are the new version. There is pretty much no finger width between the wheel well and the tire.... See attached pic.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/76289372@N07/8148897367/http://www.flickr.com/photos/76289372@N07/8148897367/ by http://www.flickr.com/people/76289372@N07/, on Flickr

Last edited by aquarian; 02-01-2013 at 08:24 AM.
Old 02-01-2013, 08:54 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

More pics....
Your A7's setup and pictures are the best I have seen. I currently have a Phantom Black/Black with sport package/20" wheels/ side assist on order. I also have a Phantom Black/Black RS5 with Titanium package on order and both will arrive on the same ship. I'm planning to only take one of the cars, and had pretty much decided to take the RS5 until I saw these pictures! Damn this decision is difficult.
Old 02-01-2013, 10:48 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Yeah aquarian, not sure what it is but I'm actally glad it didnt go any lower as it would be too much. Davidj, A7 all the way! Or better yet, the RS7!
Old 02-01-2013, 12:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

looking good!!!!! wait unit your springs settle..that would give you another 0.50" at least.

please post a picture of your bass gain ****.
Old 02-01-2013, 01:40 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Yeah aquarian, not sure what it is but I'm actally glad it didnt go any lower as it would be too much. Davidj, A7 all the way! Or better yet, the RS7!
I failed to mention my wife drives a 2013 A7 Prestige, white/beige. Still wouldn't mind having 2 of them since they're different colors.

Quick Reply: Black A7/Vossen CV3//H&R Springs/Stereo Mod