A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

Can"t make up my mind !

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2011, 01:50 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can"t make up my mind !

Hi everyone: I love this car and I have recently ordered an A7 in Dakota Gray color with nougat interior. I thought about it for a long time between this color and a phantom black with black interior. The dealer told me that I still have a couple of days to change my mind about the color choice and since then I am undecided again..... II already own a black ( and I love black cars) but I thought this would be different... What color does the A7 looks best with?
Old 06-09-2011, 02:00 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Some pics of both cars!
Attached Images      
Old 06-09-2011, 02:16 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Here are some other pics of other colors but I am only considering the black and the dakota gray
Attached Images     
Old 06-09-2011, 06:48 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Go with the Dakota

Originally Posted by mynewa7
Hi everyone: I love this car and I have recently ordered an A7 in Dakota Gray color with nougat interior. I thought about it for a long time between this color and a phantom black with black interior. The dealer told me that I still have a couple of days to change my mind about the color choice and since then I am undecided again..... II already own a black ( and I love black cars) but I thought this would be different... What color does the A7 looks best with?

Color choices are so subjective. Basically everyone tries to talk you into the color they currently drive.

I helped my wife pick out a color for her A7. I thought the silver (like the one with the S5 wheels on the pics you posted) was the "sharpest". Just look at that front 3/4 shot. As a side note, if that color is available for the RS5 when it comes to the US. I think that's what I'll order

i personally would order the Oolong gray. It seems very refined and masculine. It the perfect amount of sexy for such a sexy car.

My wife loves beige like tones, but I forbade her from getting the beige. I just told her to close her eyes and imagine a toyota camry. Then I asked her what color it was? Good trick.

She ultimately went with Dakota Gray. It's very nice. In your pics is doesn't look as good as the black, but I think it's mostly because the black one has those beautiful 20 inch wheels.

I would personally never get an all white car. It washes out the details. On a car this gorgeous, it just seems like a crime. Just look at the pics of the white car you posted and the silver car. Small change makes a big difference.

Havana Black is gorgeous and I stared at it for awhile. But black cars just aint my thing. Plus I hear the wait for Havana and Daytona gray is exceptionally long.

Anyway, good luck. Whatever you order will be great.

BTW: The wife got the Dakota, with the Nougat, Prestige, innovation, 20inch sport, and winter pack.
Old 06-10-2011, 08:54 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I think white looks best...doesn't come out good pics...u will need to see it in person. When it's clean the lines show up just fine. I think oolong grey is just a weird color. Reminds me of the old technicolor shirts that change color depending on the heat. Silver to me is
Just boring and Dakota grey seems for old people. Black is the best but I already have one in that color.
Old 06-11-2011, 05:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

I'm in the same boat... going for my official test drive today in a Oolang Gray. I have seem Havana Black... it's pretty nice and would good with nougat interior. I have seen the ice silver with black interior with the silver headliner...and in my opinion, that looks the sportiest (Prestige/S-Line). Haven't seen white in person, but like others have said, washes out the lines (at least in the pics).

Cheers.
Old 06-11-2011, 11:51 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Darker colors will hide the lines of the car, vice versa for light colors. That's just physics. More spectrums of the colors are reflected on a light car, than black, where all colors are absorbed.

That makes silver/gray one of the popular colors because it's right in between white and black!
Old 06-12-2011, 09:24 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Here are a couple of videos of some of the available color choices. I personally think the Dakota Grey and Oolong Grey are beautiful colors.

Dakota Grey (there is a small chance this is Daytona, but I'm pretty sure it is Dakota):

<iframe width="1280" height="750" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/4wXyWCIkcgg?hd=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Oolong Grey (best shot of car is at about 1:30):

<iframe width="853" height="510" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/z1xaqy1TFEs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 06-12-2011, 09:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

I really liked the Oolong when I saw it in person, its very masculine looking. I usually absolutely love white in most cars but this is the first car I disliked it in. I just didn't like the cherry red tail lights color comobo with the white...it didn't look right. I disagree about the black washing out the lines...I think the black makes the car look super aggressive which I love. I like silver a lot, usually always looks good in any car too. Havanna is a little too radical for me, its probably a color I would have to get used to.
Old 06-12-2011, 11:13 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I think bottom line...if you are young get black or white.

Quick Reply: Can"t make up my mind !