A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

Cargo Organizer - PERFECT Solution Found

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2013, 06:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Cargo Organizer - PERFECT Solution Found

In a previous thread I put forth my efforts and those of fellow Audi A7 owners to find the perfect Cargo Organizer.

I wanted something:
Ridged, that could hold up to heavier packages.
Compartmentalized, to keep packages from rolling / sliding around.
Flexible, so that it could be utilized for a number of different configurations.
Fold flat, to get out of the way when I had larger packages.
Light, so that I could remove it easily.

I'm happy to say I finally found something that fits every single of those requirements. And I might add it also fits perfectly length OR width wise in the A7 trunk, meaning no wasted space and I can have it whichever I need.

It also has a handle for easy carrying and comes with optional tie downs to attach to the Audi cargo hooks. Lastly it came with a non-slip liner.

Retail was like $150-200. I put in a search for a couple weeks and they came up on eBay (new) for $100. I waited and got one for $50 DELIVERED and this isn't a small box.

Total dream. It's actually OEM'ed for GM, so they are easy to find.
GM# 12498559 Collapsible,Adjustable, Trunk Cargo Organizer with Non Skid Mat.
Attached Images      
Old 12-07-2013, 04:50 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Good find. I like the idea and the folding feature is nice when you need to get big items in. Thanks for sharing.
Old 12-09-2013, 09:07 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

looks like a great fit.
any rattles or movement when open and placed across the back?
Old 12-13-2013, 04:57 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Amazon.com: Genuine GM Accessories 12498559 Cargo Organizer: Automotive Amazon.com: Genuine GM Accessories 12498559 Cargo Organizer: Automotive

Just a quick google search found this on Amazon for anyone looking to get one ... Maybe calling the local GM Dealer may help us find it cheaper?
Old 12-13-2013, 07:03 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Ebay has it for $92.50 shipped

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GM-Collapsible-and-Adjustable-Trunk-Cargo-Organizer-with-Non-Skid-Mat-12498559-/271317111626?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3f2bc2934a&vxp=mtr
Old 12-14-2013, 08:31 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by tenspeed
Actually I didn't do a complete read, I would have seen that the OP paid $50 shipped, which is a great deal. I am probably going to pick one up, since this is just what I needed too...

This trunk is great, but things move around way too much and it bothers me to be able to hear the products moving in my trunk .
Old 12-14-2013, 09:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

Based on your previous thread, I hinted to my wife that I'd like to have the Rola 59000 for a holiday present. She'll soon "surprise" me with it.

Now with your new post I'm a little jealous. However, I think I like your vertical positioning where it's on the left side of the trunk front to back.

When my A7 comes in the plan is to put a custom subwoofer enclosure filling the trunk gap on the right side. So for me, to strip the GM cargo box across the back would block the subwoofer too much.

Has anyone else gotten the Rola? I opted for the 59000 rather than the larger one thinking it would be easier to position. Don't want it rolling around, though, which would defeat the purpose of having it in the first place.

Do these things really stay put, or do they slide around anyway? I'm getting the rubber cargo mat so it would sit on rubber rather than carpet. . .

thanks.
Old 12-23-2013, 06:29 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

This is an excellent find! How far back into the trunk will it go? Is it too wide to be placed against the seat backs?

Sully
Old 12-23-2013, 08:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

ok i bit. i will report when its in.
btw, the link posted above is now priced at 87.50
with free shipping.
Old 12-23-2013, 11:44 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi. I purchased one off of Amazon. I ended up returning it - the fit was okay but was off fit wise in a couple of places (to be expected since it wasn't a "made for A7" item). I do appreciate the OP for trying it out and posting his findings. Nice thing about Amazon - can easily send items back within the return window.

Quick Reply: Cargo Organizer - PERFECT Solution Found