A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

Change heated seat timing

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2017, 06:56 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts
Default Change heated seat timing

In my 2015 A7 TDI when you turn on the seat heater by pushing the dash button once, all 3 lights come on in the button and the seat heats up at maximum temperature. After a while (I have not timed how long that takes) it automatically switches down to a lower temperature and in the button only 2 lights stay on.

I would like to change the time it takes for this change. I would also like to change the temperature.

I believe you can do those changes in the Central Electric module (09?) but I don't have the Adaptation and the applicable values.

I do have an OBDeleven Pro to make the changes, just looking for the above info.
Old 11-15-2017, 07:44 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by fkaufman
In my 2015 A7 TDI when you turn on the seat heater by pushing the dash button once, all 3 lights come on in the button and the seat heats up at maximum temperature. After a while (I have not timed how long that takes) it automatically switches down to a lower temperature and in the button only 2 lights stay on.

I would like to change the time it takes for this change. I would also like to change the temperature.

I believe you can do those changes in the Central Electric module (09?) but I don't have the Adaptation and the applicable values.

I do have an OBDeleven Pro to make the changes, just looking for the above info.

I did make the change with my OBDeleven tool last year easily and I turned off the auto count down timer so it stays at level 3 or 2 whichever I set it at. Let me get back to you tomorrow after I get back home from my business trip since I have the steps as to how to do it on my other computer at home and I cannot remember exactly the steps, Please PM me tomorrow if I don't send it to you by tomorrow evening. Its really easy. I also can change the temperature of the steering wheel heating to the max value. I don't think you should change the seating temperature especially when its stays at level 3. It gets really a bit too hot more than most cars I have ever owned in 20 plus years so I manually go down to level 2 after a long while compared to the quick level 3 to 2 on auto mode.
Old 11-16-2017, 06:44 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Baloo588
I did make the change with my OBDeleven tool last year easily and I turned off the auto count down timer so it stays at level 3 or 2 whichever I set it at. Let me get back to you tomorrow after I get back home from my business trip since I have the steps as to how to do it on my other computer at home and I cannot remember exactly the steps, Please PM me tomorrow if I don't send it to you by tomorrow evening. Its really easy. I also can change the temperature of the steering wheel heating to the max value. I don't think you should change the seating temperature especially when its stays at level 3. It gets really a bit too hot more than most cars I have ever owned in 20 plus years so I manually go down to level 2 after a long while compared to the quick level 3 to 2 on auto mode.
Thanks.

It is an interesting situation. I find level 3 way too hot, so I would like to lower the temperature of the driver seat. On the other hand, my wife would like to have the passenger seat to stay on level 3 longer (at the present temperature).

And yes, it would be great to increase the steering wheel temperature also.
Old 11-16-2017, 06:55 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what else does this OBDeleven do?... those are interesting options to be able to change.
Old 11-16-2017, 09:13 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Agent77
what else does this OBDeleven do?... those are interesting options to be able to change.
Full diagnostics and programming functions for all Audi, Volkswagen, Seat and Škoda models from 1991 to 2017. Connects to any Android phone. All that for under $100

https://obdeleven.com/en/
Old 11-20-2017, 05:14 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Baloo588
PM sent
Old 11-21-2017, 04:41 AM
Audi Enthusiast

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Full diagnostics and programming functions for all Audi, Volkswagen, Seat and Škoda models from 1991 to 2017. Connects to any Android phone. All that for under $100

https://obdeleven.com/en/
Plus you have to buy credits to use the 'one-click apps', right?

APPS (one click functions)

• Apps are one click functions for daily users which doesn't require any additional knowledge about vehicle programming. More than 500 different APPS are available for various vehicles. By using these functions you can simply:
  • - Perform service functions (Oil service reset, Brake pads replacement, etc.)
  • - Adjust car lights (Daytime running lights, Cornering lights, etc.)
  • - Control comfort system settings (Door autolock, Comfort window closing/opening, etc.)
  • - Activate functions after retrofits (LED license plate lights, Washer fluid level sensor, etc.)
  • - Activate cool visual features (Needle sweep, Optical parking system, etc.)
  • - Add more features (Lap timer, Multimedia engineering menu, etc.)
  • - Disable unwanted functions (Sound actor, Seatbelt warning, etc.)
  • Use OBDeleven application to check full list of supported APPS
  • Apps always uses credits even with PRO version.
Old 11-21-2017, 08:27 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by SpectreGadget
Plus you have to buy credits to use the 'one-click apps', right?

APPS (one click functions)

• Apps are one click functions for daily users which doesn't require any additional knowledge about vehicle programming. More than 500 different APPS are available for various vehicles. By using these functions you can simply:
  • - Perform service functions (Oil service reset, Brake pads replacement, etc.)
  • - Adjust car lights (Daytime running lights, Cornering lights, etc.)
  • - Control comfort system settings (Door autolock, Comfort window closing/opening, etc.)
  • - Activate functions after retrofits (LED license plate lights, Washer fluid level sensor, etc.)
  • - Activate cool visual features (Needle sweep, Optical parking system, etc.)
  • - Add more features (Lap timer, Multimedia engineering menu, etc.)
  • - Disable unwanted functions (Sound actor, Seatbelt warning, etc.)
  • Use OBDeleven application to check full list of supported APPS
  • Apps always uses credits even with PRO version.
If you use the apps, you need to use credits. You can buy credits or you can accumulate them free, by logging into the site each day and collect 6 credits. I have now 1550 credits and I have never paid for any.

You can also make the changes manually, that does not cost anything, no credits needed.
Old 11-21-2017, 05:14 PM
Audi Enthusiast

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

If you use the apps, you need to use credits. You can buy credits or you can accumulate them free, by logging into the site each day and collect 6 credits. I have now 1550 credits and I have never paid for any.
You can also make the changes manually, that does not cost anything, no credits needed.
Thanks, that's good to know.