A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

do not let your warranty expire before reading this...

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2015, 07:30 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I will try to put everything in the same thread so it is easier to follow, and maybe it will become a sticky.
Is the MMI 726 still the latest software?
And what weird things need to be happening for the dealer to update it without putting up a fight? (Some dealers do)
Old TSB k0566 upgraded the MMI to 566 and in order to get it you just needed to state the nav had problems or the radio was freezing or the radio stations were getting deleted or something with the IPhone to get it. (Somebody posted it the TSB somewhere)

Other issues (confirmed)
Driver and passenger lumbar support clicks when pushed (plastic piece breaks)
Passenger air bag sensor
LED Headlight module (Vehicle lights malfunction warning)
MMI screen folding down slowly
Side mirrors rubber gasket go bad
Jerky transmission (seems TCM 37J1 did not fix it)
Steering problem (it seems TSB 48k4 never fixed anything)
Parking sensors going off when nothing is there
Illuminated door sills go bad
Suspension popping noise (shock tower bolts loose?)
Vibration noise from HUD cover
Do not exceed 4,000 RPM EPC light (oil pressure top switch replaced)

Other issues (unconfirmed)
Car feels like was already unlocked when you pull the door handle (no chirping noise)
Rear hatch not closing properly.

Last edited by feralc; 01-22-2015 at 09:55 AM.
Old 01-06-2015, 03:38 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Hopefully we can get enough responses to see how common each problem is and what the fixes are, and whether Audi acknowledges that they are known issues.

Thanks for posting.
Old 01-06-2015, 04:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by feralc
Is the MMI 726 still the latest software? And what weird things need to be happening for the dealer to update it without putting up a fight? (Some dealers do)
I originally had something in the 400s and was having a multitude of bluetooth issues, which I knew an update would fix, but the dealer was giving me tons of push back and wouldn't do it saying it was the phone itself.

Finally had it upgraded to 715-2 after taking it to another dealer and telling them there was pop in the speakers from time to time. This can't really be replicated and it is on the TSB list for the software upgrade to 715-2, so they had no choice.

And what do you know, it solved all of my issues.
Old 01-06-2015, 05:30 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by Glacier6
I originally had something in the 400s and was having a multitude of bluetooth issues, which I knew an update would fix, but the dealer was giving me tons of push back and wouldn't do it saying it was the phone itself.

Finally had it upgraded to 715-2 after taking it to another dealer and telling them there was pop in the speakers from time to time. This can't really be replicated and it is on the TSB list for the software upgrade to 715-2, so they had no choice.

And what do you know, it solved all of my issues.
It appears that the dealer service only gets paid for the work if what they do is either mandated by Audi or if it is to solve a specific problem. That is why requests for upgrades on the bases of "it might solve a vaguely defined issue that can't be duplicated" or "I would like to have the latest revision" get rejected.

Some dealerships are very rigid and go strictly by the book, others are more flexible and some are outright creative when it comes to satisfy a customer.

You will also find that the larger the dealership is, the more leeway they have from Audi so they can be more accommodating to the customer on less than clearly defined issues.
Old 01-06-2015, 04:08 PM
Banned

Guys please reply with issues that have been fixed in your cars, it might be something that has happened to several people and we can put it in the "watchlist".
The first A7s sold in the USA will expire their warranties this year.
And you know Murphy's law

Last edited by feralc; 01-06-2015 at 05:16 PM.
Old 01-06-2015, 05:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

Issues I've had taken care of so far besides those listed above:

Speaker cover rattling
Window regulators on both rear windows
Loose control module housing underneath driver floorboard
Loose front engine bay support brace
Neither driver side door sill was lighting properly
Old 01-06-2015, 05:18 PM
Banned

Issues I've had taken care of so far besides those listed above:

Speaker cover rattling
Window regulators on both rear windows
Loose control module housing underneath driver floorboard
Loose front engine bay support brace
Neither driver side door sill was lighting properly
Can you please be more specific on the kind of problems you were experiencing with your issues? How did you know the engine bay support was loose for example? A thump or a clunking noise? Etc
Old 01-06-2015, 05:35 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by feralc
Can you please be more specific on the kind of problems you were experiencing with your issues? How did you know the engine bay support was loose for example? A thump or a clunking noise? Etc
Sure...

Regarding the engine bay support brace, every time I made a right hand turn onto a sharp driveway type entrance there was a loud popping noise.

For the loose control module under the floorboard, every time I stepped in there was a crunching noise.

For the rear windows (which my rep mentioned was a common issue) there a grinding of the gears type of sound when I rolled them down.
Old 01-09-2015, 09:35 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sure...

Regarding the engine bay support brace, every time I made a right hand turn onto a sharp driveway type entrance there was a loud popping noise.

For the loose control module under the floorboard, every time I stepped in there was a crunching noise.

For the rear windows (which my rep mentioned was a common issue) there a grinding of the gears type of sound when I rolled them down.
I had the same popping noise, they finally figured it was the loose brace/strut tower.

My front window makes a strange noise when rolling down.

I had a weird vibration/hum from the plastic reflective covering on the HUD.

Mine is going in on Monday for the 35k service (only at 32k) I'm going to try to get them to update my MMI software; I've been having to reset it lately (a lot) the screen got hung about 1/2" before sucking all the way in the dash, the reset fixed it. Then bluetooth cuts out and you can't find any bluetooth devices; the reset fixed that one too.
Old 01-10-2015, 04:59 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by localbrew
I had a weird vibration/hum from the plastic reflective covering on the HUD.
I have this as well but haven't brought it up to the dealer yet. Were they able to repair under warranty?

Quick Reply: do not let your warranty expire before reading this...