A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

Extended Warranty - 2012 A7

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2019, 09:00 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Extended Warranty - 2012 A7

Looking for guidance here. I've got 71K miles and having moved from NJ to FL only drive about 5K per year now. Car's well maintained and in good condition mechanically.
I'm concerned something like a CPU goes and that's a good 5K right there (had that on a BMW, ouch)!.
I've looked into extened warranties and so far Car Chex seems decent.
It's $6880 for the Platinum coverage which includes wear and tear and has a $200 deductible.
I've never had a warranty. Any thoughts on the value of getting one?
Old 06-03-2019, 01:47 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I've been with 2 extended warranty companies and they were both completely awful experience, yet they were both rated "the best" at the times. My car was in the shop for 4 WEEKS while they dragged their feet on sending inspectors out to look at it, and then finally denied the claim on the basis that my mechanic didn't have the right type of voltage meter (???). You're better off putting that money into an account just for repairs and adding to it by a but monthly. Much less hassle.
Old 06-05-2019, 06:17 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

What were the companies?

Originally Posted by Froi
I've been with 2 extended warranty companies and they were both completely awful experience, yet they were both rated "the best" at the times. My car was in the shop for 4 WEEKS while they dragged their feet on sending inspectors out to look at it, and then finally denied the claim on the basis that my mechanic didn't have the right type of voltage meter (???). You're better off putting that money into an account just for repairs and adding to it by a but monthly. Much less hassle.
Old 06-24-2019, 08:57 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Skidawg
Looking for guidance here. I've got 71K miles and having moved from NJ to FL only drive about 5K per year now. Car's well maintained and in good condition mechanically.
I'm concerned something like a CPU goes and that's a good 5K right there (had that on a BMW, ouch)!.
I've looked into extened warranties and so far Car Chex seems decent.
It's $6880 for the Platinum coverage which includes wear and tear and has a $200 deductible.
I've never had a warranty. Any thoughts on the value of getting one?
I got my 2015 A7 with just over 50k miles and I heavily contemplated an extended warranty. After a lot of quotes, calls, and asking on forums I decided to do what most do and forego the warranty; Just put some money aside in case of an emergency. Now at 65k miles with no major issues, Ive just followed the recommended maintenance schedule.

Ultimately its up to you and if you have the extra $$ and absolutely need the piece of mind then get it. Just make sure you know EXACTLY what the warranty covers bc supposedly many of these companies will try to weasel their way out of covering repairs. Good luck.