A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

Finally Stasis OBD11 port flashing for the B8.5 3.0 TFSI!

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2013, 08:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally Stasis OBD11 port flashing for the B8.5 3.0 TFSI!

If this is true? This is beyond awesome!!
Attached Images  

Last edited by Omnipotent; 04-30-2013 at 08:14 PM.
Old 05-01-2013, 05:13 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

It certainly makes it very attractive to get the ECU horsepower upgrade when you get your next service. I love the power in my A7.
Old 05-01-2013, 05:26 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JerryS4
It certainly makes it very attractive to get the ECU horsepower upgrade when you get your next service. I love the power in my A7.
Is this upgrade done by Audi service techs, and does it void the warranty?
Old 05-01-2013, 05:37 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by looking@audi
Is this upgrade done by Audi service techs, and does it void the warranty?
It would have to be done at a Stasis franchised Audi dealer by Audi techs or a Stasis authorized installer. This is why I pushed and got my local Audi dealer to get franchised.

Warranty: Boy, this has been discussed many times but as I understand it, Stasis gives a 4 year warranty to supplement the Audi one should things get messy. If a franchised Audi dealer does the install, it should make things less messy. I do not expect problems and do expect Stasis to make things good should I have a motor problem.
Old 05-01-2013, 06:52 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JerryS4
It would have to be done at a Stasis franchised Audi dealer by Audi techs or a Stasis authorized installer. This is why I pushed and got my local Audi dealer to get franchised.

Warranty: Boy, this has been discussed many times but as I understand it, Stasis gives a 4 year warranty to supplement the Audi one should things get messy. If a franchised Audi dealer does the install, it should make things less messy. I do not expect problems and do expect Stasis to make things good should I have a motor problem.
What is the cost for the flash from a Stasis certified Audi dealer?

********************* NEWS ALERT ********************
2013 3.0L Performance Software Available for your Audi A6/A7, S4/S5 and Q7.

STaSIS engine software releases the full potential of your Audi vehicle, providing reliable and smooth power increases without sacrificing day-to-day drivability. Our software replaces the Audi software installed in the engine control unit (ECU), and is tuned so you get the best performance and most enjoyable drive from your Audi vehicle. We customize to adjust fuel delivery, boost settings, ignition timing, and other areas that will maximize the performance of your Audi vehicle safely, within the tolerances of the car’s engine and hardware. Large torque increases throughout the RPM range, beginning with significant low-end torque and building from there, offers quick response for all types of driving.
Old 05-01-2013, 02:28 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

As I recall, about $1,600 plus labor for the ECU tune. This link has some good info:

http://stasisengineering.com/sites/d...-1_0_web-1.pdf

Obviously, the Challenge and Signature packages are much more $$ since you get more hardware.

Last edited by JerryS4; 05-01-2013 at 04:02 PM.
Old 05-04-2013, 11:28 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Folks,

Can someone provide some first-hand experienced clarity on the upgrade options? Stasis website is quoting different Horsepower and Torque gains based upon their two packaged upgrade options, Touring and Challenge. Their Website says 0-60 for stock is 5.4sec (which is conservative right?), and after upgrades, it goes to 5.0 (Touring) and 4.9 (Challenge), which seems odd as Touring has more Torque and HP increase than Challenge. On that point, both Touring and Challenge both seem to have the ECU and Exhaust upgrades, so where is the increase in HP/Torque coming from between the two? Whats the gain for just the ECU flash?

Finally, With an 44-87lb torque and 80-85hp gain, seems I would expect the 0-60 time to be better than the 5.0 and 4.9 they state? I thought I saw somewhere on the board that someone with the upgrades had timed low 4's. Any times captured with just the ECU upgrade, which is really all I am interested in?

Sorry if this topic has already been gone through, and thank you for any feedback in advance.

JS
Old 05-05-2013, 06:28 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by R1staudi
Can someone provide some first-hand experienced clarity on the upgrade options? Stasis website is quoting different Horsepower and Torque gains based upon their two packaged upgrade options, Touring and Challenge. Their Website says 0-60 for stock is 5.4sec (which is conservative right?), and after upgrades, it goes to 5.0 (Touring) and 4.9 (Challenge), which seems odd as Touring has more Torque and HP increase than Challenge. JS
OK, let me give you my honest opinion to where the truth lies:
Stasis merged with Revo last year and a new web page is in construction. The data there is old and is their good guess from 2011. When I was there for the tune, they said 4.9s is the official ECU tune accel. time. I agree that there should be no diff for the two packages for acceleration. Hope the new Web site is done soon as it is lame that they do not even have the price for the ECU tune there. Their marketing team seems to favor Facebook but I know many guys over 30, like me, that never use it.

The ECU tune is the best way to get a nice bump in power and speed and I would highly recommend it. My best guess for stock 0-60 MPH time is low 5 sec. based on all the reviews I have seen over the past two years. Some have been in the high 4's but most in mid to lower 5's.
I took numerous Dynalicious test runs after the tune (with quad exhaust and Injen intake) and they ranged from 4.45 sec to 5.1 depending on the launch. Max power to the wheels was typically 375 HP. With a 20% loss due to the quattro drive-train, that is an astounding 470 HP peak at the crank. Thread here:

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho...ht=dynalicious

So I would recommend getting the Dynocicious app for the iPhone or Android and testing your own stock Audi. Then we will have more points of data to compare. All I know is that my A7 is way more powerful and fun.

Last edited by JerryS4; 05-05-2013 at 06:38 AM.