A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

Got my new A7 today

Old 12-20-2018, 05:39 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got my new A7 today

No, not the 2019. I waited for it, and although the interior and technicality is awesome, I am just not a huge fan compared to the older design. I personally think its lost a little of its edge.

So I went to test the 2019, and ended up grabbing a leftover 2018. At a nice discount.

Nothing against the new one- they are very nice and drive very well. But the 18’s stood out more to me.

Old 12-21-2018, 06:11 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Congrats!!! I love the look of my 2016 A7 too and the new one is growing on me and I'm gonna wait a year or so for more exterior design packages for the A7 to make it look better or go for S7
Old 12-21-2018, 10:09 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

What kind of discounts are you all getting on 2018's? I know there is $10k of marketing incentives on the table. Wondering if 15-20% off MSRP before applying the full $10,000 is doable on these 2018s to move them before the end of the month/year.
Old 12-22-2018, 03:51 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 873 Likes on 714 Posts

Enjoy the new ride
Old 12-22-2018, 09:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

I am not a fan of the interiors on the redesigned Audis like the 2019 A7, too many touch screens to show smudge marks. Based on the pictures I have seen the exterior didn't change all that much so overall I think it was a great move to go for the 2018 and let the bugs get worked out on the 2019's
Old 12-27-2018, 05:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
Default 2018 A7 - My Experience So Far

I spent lots of hours shopping the Audi line and I ended up buying a 2018 A7. I looked at A5 Sportbacks, A6's, and A7's - and I looked at everything from 2017 CPO's to new 2019 models. To me, the best deal was the new 2018 A7's. The glut of inventory of 2018's created by the Sensor Recall + typical end of year push to sell + incoming 2019 cars with new body style = PERFECT STORM for a great buying opportunity.

I bought a $78K MSRP 2018 A7 with the Competition Package and Drivers Assistance Package (and a few other minor options) car for $62.5K. I love the car and am getting the windows tinted today.

I am in the process of figuring out the MyAudi connect system right now. I am quite familiar with Audi's MMI system as I have owned three consecutive Audi's, and I have always been impressed with their intuitive design - but I am not so impressed with the MyAudi system at this point. I will continue fighting it this morning and may have to go back to the dealer for some training (which they offered at the point of sale, but I told them I would figure it out).

I love this car so far. Beautiful. Extremely functional. Fast & Sporty. And I feel like I got a really, really good deal.

Now I just need to figure out the MyAudi system.................

Last edited by bikerneil; 12-27-2018 at 05:45 AM.
Old 12-27-2018, 07:28 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Congrats on your new A7, and great deal with good timing. What color is your new A7?

Originally Posted by bikerneil
I spent lots of hours shopping the Audi line and I ended up buying a 2018 A7. I looked at A5 Sportbacks, A6's, and A7's - and I looked at everything from 2017 CPO's to new 2019 models. To me, the best deal was the new 2018 A7's. The glut of inventory of 2018's created by the Sensor Recall + typical end of year push to sell + incoming 2019 cars with new body style = PERFECT STORM for a great buying opportunity.

I bought a $78K MSRP 2018 A7 with the Competition Package and Drivers Assistance Package (and a few other minor options) car for $62.5K. I love the car and am getting the windows tinted today.

I am in the process of figuring out the MyAudi connect system right now. I am quite familiar with Audi's MMI system as I have owned three consecutive Audi's, and I have always been impressed with their intuitive design - but I am not so impressed with the MyAudi system at this point. I will continue fighting it this morning and may have to go back to the dealer for some training (which they offered at the point of sale, but I told them I would figure it out).

I love this car so far. Beautiful. Extremely functional. Fast & Sporty. And I feel like I got a really, really good deal.

Now I just need to figure out the MyAudi system.................
Old 12-28-2018, 04:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

I bought a Mythos Black, with Competition Package (red stitching and red brakes). I had the windows tinted yesterday and I removed all chrome colored badging and installed new black colored badges and emblems. The car looks great. I love it so far, just need to conquer the MyAudi software and screen system next.
Old 12-28-2018, 09:35 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by bikerneil
I bought a Mythos Black, with Competition Package (red stitching and red brakes). I had the windows tinted yesterday and I removed all chrome colored badging and installed new black colored badges and emblems. The car looks great. I love it so far, just need to conquer the MyAudi software and screen system next.
Hey, I just bought a new A7 competition too. By the way, does your passenger seat have a hidden storage compartment under the seat? My driver side has one but not my passenger side.
Old 12-29-2018, 02:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Jim Nguyen
Hey, I just bought a new A7 competition too. By the way, does your passenger seat have a hidden storage compartment under the seat? My driver side has one but not my passenger side.
Congrats on the new A7. The under-seat compartment is for a collapsible umbrella.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Got my new A7 today