AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   A7 (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a7-192/)
-   -   Havana Black vs. Oolong grey. Anyone have any pictures?.. (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a7-192/havana-black-vs-oolong-grey-anyone-have-any-pictures-2831989/)

Audi.A7.Norway 08-18-2012 06:55 PM

Havana Black vs. Oolong grey. Anyone have any pictures?..

I am about to buy a A7 from Germany to import to Norway, but I have a hard time finding the right color.

Right now it stands between a Havana Black A7 S-line and a Oolong grey S-line.

Which one should I choose?

Does anyone have pictures of the two colors? Maybe together as well?

Thanks!!

Audi-X2 08-22-2012 05:39 AM

Re: Havana Black vs. Oolong grey

1 Attachment(s)
Here's my new A7 in front of my summer home (ok, just kidding about that last part). It's the Havana Black color, which comes up as a deep, dark chocolate with a sort of rainbow sparkle to it.

It's a very interesting color, and goes extremely well with the Nougat interior.

At night, it comes up almost pure black, but in sunlight it dazzles the eye with a lot of nice variation and sparkle.

The depth of the color is good, too -- it seems to be very, very deep.

awryexperiment 08-22-2012 09:19 AM

Sorry I don't have photos. I had a Havana Black loaner and it was definitely dark brown. It was pretty in the sun, as it took on more pronounced brown colors. It was probably only a little easier to keep clean than regular black. The Oolong grey has blue, red, and yellow flakes in it that make the car look dark grey with a purple-ish irridescence. It is easier to keep clean than the Havana.

Audi Steve 08-22-2012 09:37 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I have Oolong Grey - here are some pics.... tried to post this a few days ago and not sure why the did not post....

aquarian 08-22-2012 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by Audi-X2 (Post 24338578)
Here's my new A7 in front of my summer home (ok, just kidding about that last part). It's the Havana Black color, which comes up as a deep, dark chocolate with a sort of rainbow sparkle to it.

It's a very interesting color, and goes extremely well with the Nougat interior.

At night, it comes up almost pure black, but in sunlight it dazzles the eye with a lot of nice variation and sparkle.

The depth of the color is good, too -- it seems to be very, very deep.

So whose home is that??

Audi-X2 08-22-2012 05:03 PM

It's Château d'Adoménil in Luneville, France. It's a family-run quaint hotel with a terrific restaurant, located just outside a very small village in the Alsace region of France. It was one of the stops on my journey after picking up my A7 on August 13. I'd recommend it very, very hightly.

Audi-X2 08-22-2012 05:07 PM

I agree with your description of the Havana Black. It's really a very dark, chocolate brown, with a lot of multi-color sparkle in the sun. And you're right -- it's only marginally easier to keep clean than the Brilliant Black (which i have on my S5 and A3 and have had on two A8s).

I don't see this color very often, so it tends to stand out as being different. It does turn heads, too -- though that could simply be the stunning lines on this car.

ACHiPo289 08-22-2012 06:49 PM

I've only seen it in person once on an A7 and it is absolutely stunning in the sun--all kind of colors popping, but very muted and subtle. Really nice!

Phantom68 08-23-2012 03:50 AM

A colleague at work has a more or less identically spec'd A7 to mine, except his is in Havana and mine is Phantom black. Parked next to each other you can clearly see the difference with the brown flecks in the Havana black paint showing up well in the sunlight. That said the Havana is metallic and Phantom finish is in pearlescent.

Have to say I am liking the new Crystal Estoril blue on the S7, that could certainly tempt me away from black!, my last car was Phantom black and the one before was silver, come to think of it I had black and silver BMWs before that!, so could be time for something different :)

mvitch 04-09-2019 06:54 PM

Love Oolong grey!

Originally Posted by Audi Steve (Post 24338682)
I have Oolong Grey - here are some pics.... tried to post this a few days ago and not sure why the did not post....

Love your photos and after washing my new used 2012 A8L today and seeing the sun hit it , it looked like this photo. At night looks almost black. The car has been cared for well before me and very little swirls. Love my Oolong Grey