A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

heated steering wheel

Old 11-18-2016, 07:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There's an entire thread on all the A7 tweaks here somewhere... you might search that out, rather than asking piecemeal, who knows you may find a dozen other tweaks you would not even know to ask ...

Greg
Old 11-18-2016, 10:26 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Yep you can set to stage 3 without countdown to stage 2 on heated seats, Its so much better. I added rear lamps with DRL, lap timer, auto stop/start off default, gauge sweep on start, seatbelt chime off, euro parking light, brightened my daytime LEDs to 70% from 35% to make it more imposing. So much you can do with these cars. Please dont thumb down Audis they are excellent cars despite not doing these features compared to BMW and Mercedes etc. I have owned everything including Porsche and Ferrari and I love Audis the most daily.

Here is the link of things you can customize on A7.

Coding and adaptations | OBDeleven
The following users liked this post:
georgeee (11-20-2022)
Old 11-19-2016, 11:20 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Baloo588
Module 16/Steering Column Electronics
Adaptation: steering wheel heater
Default 28 i think?. Changed to 38 degrees Celsius and its hot now.
Default is 28, I was worried that 35 degrees would be too much, but I guess it's not if yours havent started burning on 38 yet? I guess if you set the temperature to high, it will alert that it's not possible?
Btw, BIG THANKS to you for informing us about the obdeleven device. I thought I had to use a expensive VAGCOM for this, so I had to order one immediately after reading this
Old 01-04-2017, 05:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by A7777
Have put my heated steering wheel on a couple of times now and it is just luke warm, Other vehicles I have had the steering wheel gets really hot. Does Audi only get luke warm?, or is mine malfunctioning
I can hardly ever tell the difference when it's on or off. Compared to other cars just sucks.
georgeee (11-20-2022)
Old 01-05-2017, 05:34 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I haven't gone in for service yet, but it is a simple computer reset. I am not sure that dealer will do it as so far they really have been totally useless saying computer resets are not allowed, illegal blah blah.
Old 01-05-2017, 06:59 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I haven't gone in for service yet, but it is a simple computer reset. I am not sure that dealer will do it as so far they really have been totally useless saying computer resets are not allowed, illegal blah blah.
Dealers wont do computer reset nor adjust your steering temperature. I have my steering wheel at 40 celsius on my brothers A6, my A7 and my dad's A8 and all our steering wheels are nice and warm/hot without issues. It gets so warm after a while I just want to turn the steering wheel off after I am halfway in my 20 miles commute. Thats how good these steering wheels are and can be!
georgeee (11-20-2022)
Old 01-05-2017, 06:59 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by jeremymc7
I can hardly ever tell the difference when it's on or off. Compared to other cars just sucks.
Did you even BOTHER to read the prior posts? I said you can get the OBDELEVEN scanner tool and adjust the steering wheel temperature and bump it by 10-12 degrees celsius and it will do the trick. Heck its better than my Lexus, BMW, Mercedes heated steering wheels.
Old 01-06-2017, 05:51 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default OBDELEVEN scanner tool

I've never used a scanner tool. Do I need to get the pro model?
Do you need an attachment to hook into vehicle?
Is it pretty simple to use for someone who is not a programmer?
Thanks
Old 01-06-2017, 07:32 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by jeremymc7
My observation is that the steering wheel temperature is somehow related to the outside temperature. When the air outside is way below freezing, the wheel gets toasty warm but when it is just around the freezing mark or slightly above, it is barely lukewarm.

I could not find any reference to this anywhere, it is just my personal experience.
georgeee (11-20-2022)
Old 01-06-2017, 07:38 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

I've never used a scanner tool. Do I need to get the pro model?
Do you need an attachment to hook into vehicle?
Is it pretty simple to use for someone who is not a programmer?
Thanks
1. The PRO model allows you to do a lot more. It is well worth the small price difference.

2. The device they send you plugs into the connector under the dash.

3. There is no programming knowledge needed. All you do is replace values in the appropriate locations displayed on the screen. Finding the locations and the meaning of the values for the different functions is the challenge.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: heated steering wheel