A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

I think I'm done modding....(Probably Not)

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2014, 11:13 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I think I'm done modding....(Probably Not)

Quick List of what has been done...

Crystaline 50 Tint all around except front (Clear Tint upfront)
H&R Coilovers - (Street)
20 inch HRE p40sc Wheels with Pilot Super Sport Summer Tires
AWE Exhaust (Got that before quad tip was available)
APR Stage 1 ECU Upgrade
APR Stage 2 Pulley Upgrade
Vag Com Tweaks

Im done....... for now!
Attached Images     

Last edited by johnnyb; 05-21-2014 at 11:21 AM.
Old 05-21-2014, 11:15 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

A few more....
Attached Images      
Old 05-21-2014, 11:20 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

SWEET! Nice job on the tasteful mods. I like the wheels. What is your opinion on the APR tuning and stage 2 pulley? I am on the fence....
Old 05-21-2014, 11:30 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by NaplesQ7
SWEET! Nice job on the tasteful mods. I like the wheels. What is your opinion on the APR tuning and stage 2 pulley? I am on the fence....

I started with GIAC, and the difference between APR and GIAC is minimal at best, I liked the fact that my local shop could insert and/or remove the APR upgrade without shipping my ECU off. They were running a special, so I decided to convert to APR. No regrets.

Both were a great improvement over stock. The pulley upgrade really wakes this car up. Im very pleased! Its been great fun.

Thus far, my only wish was that the AWE was slightly quieter on lower revs. Its not bad, but I wish it was just a little quieter below 3k rpm. When you open it up it sounds fantastic!

Thanks for the reply and Comment!

Johnny
Old 05-21-2014, 01:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

Well done!
Old 05-22-2014, 05:11 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Mods looking good, but I would seriously consider removing some, if not all the rear badges, especially the dealer? sticker below the A7 emblem.

curious- what size rubber did you put on those wheels?
Old 05-22-2014, 08:36 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by a7ubercoupe
Mods looking good, but I would seriously consider removing some, if not all the rear badges, especially the dealer? sticker below the A7 emblem.

curious- what size rubber did you put on those wheels?
Funny you should say that. Those all came off right after the photo shoot. The GMP stickers all over the car were placed there for the photo shoot. Afterall, it was their photo shoot.

I took off the dealer sticker the very next day...

How easy is it to take off the badges? Never tried those before...

The Tire size is 275 35 20 Rims: 20 x 10

Thanks for your reply,

Johnny

Last edited by johnnyb; 05-22-2014 at 08:38 PM.
Old 05-27-2014, 07:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

to remove the emblems, many recommend warming up the adhesive with a blow drier. when i debadged my fusion hybrid about 3 weeks after purchase, just used dental floss and Goo Gone. worked very well. btw, the "." in the "3.0" should come off very easily. suspect you may have also completed the debadging. I kept mine on as thought black would contrast nicely with the ibis white.

Last edited by Mitodad; 05-27-2014 at 11:01 AM. Reason: typo
Old 05-27-2014, 09:19 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by johnnyb
I started with GIAC, and the difference between APR and GIAC is minimal at best, I liked the fact that my local shop could insert and/or remove the APR upgrade without shipping my ECU off. They were running a special, so I decided to convert to APR. No regrets. Both were a great improvement over stock. The pulley upgrade really wakes this car up. Im very pleased! Its been great fun. Thus far, my only wish was that the AWE was slightly quieter on lower revs. Its not bad, but I wish it was just a little quieter below 3k rpm. When you open it up it sounds fantastic! Thanks for the reply and Comment! Johnny
GIAC doesn't require you to ship the ECU anymore any GIAC dealer can flash the ECU through OBDII port
I got my stage 2 map through OBDII (and the pulley installation was like an hour or so)
Old 05-27-2014, 10:30 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Mitodad
to remove the emblems, many recommend warming up the adhesive with a blow drier. when i debadged my fusion hybrid about 3 weeks after purchase, just used dental floss and Goo Gone. worked very well. btw, the "." in the "3.0" should come off very easily. suspect you may have also completed the debadging. I kept mine on as thought black would contrast nicely with the ibis white.
Thanks for the tip. I havent removed the Audi badges. Still debating. Earlier in a post, I misunderstood "badges" for the stickers that were placed all over the car for a photoshoot. Dealer sticker came off easy with Blow dryer!

Thanks for your input

Johnny

Quick Reply: I think I'm done modding....(Probably Not)