A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

Just purchased a 2018 Audi A7 Prestige with Competition Pack

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2018, 12:07 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I believe that it closed seamlessly when pulled back all the way.

I got another question for you if you don't mind. The car's front passenger wheel has an about 2-inch long curb rush on this brand new car, and sale guy promised that they are going to take care of it. Do you know usually how the dealers handle this situation, replacing it with a same rim from another new inventory car or they will do some polish and re-paint on the rim directly? It is the 20 inch matte 5-spoke wheel.

Thanks again for your time.

Originally Posted by SCarGuy
When you close it does it look like it lines up flush to the console?

console is easy to remove btw
Old 11-27-2018, 06:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Got to see some pictures!
Old 11-28-2018, 02:46 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,091 Likes on 770 Posts

Originally Posted by Wilsontour
I believe that it closed seamlessly when pulled back all the way.

I got another question for you if you don't mind. The car's front passenger wheel has an about 2-inch long curb rush on this brand new car, and sale guy promised that they are going to take care of it. Do you know usually how the dealers handle this situation, replacing it with a same rim from another new inventory car or they will do some polish and re-paint on the rim directly? It is the 20 inch matte 5-spoke wheel.

Thanks again for your time.
it will depend on the wheel itself

these things happen sometimes, from loading or unloading, or incidents at other dealers if the car is traded between them. The last time we had it was on a new RS5, that was a factory order. Scuff happened either putting it on or taking it off the truck. It had the forged AudiSport wheels. We had our usual run repair shop come by to look at it / his work is absolutely fantastic and he does it on site. He was not confident that it would be as flawless as we expect, and as he expects, upon completion. So we replaced the wheel.
Old 11-28-2018, 05:19 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Great business practice process at your dealership. Hope my dealer will handle it the same professional as your dealer does.

Called my sales guy yesterday and was told my car was still waiting inline for the most recent 2018 Audi A6/A7 passenger airbag sensor recall, and the earliest recall job could be done would be until end of this week, and before the recall is done, they can't touch the car for doing any repair work. It sounds fishy, and will call his manager this weekend if no further updates.
Thanks again for your inputs here.

it will depend on the wheel itself

these things happen sometimes, from loading or unloading, or incidents at other dealers if the car is traded between them. The last time we had it was on a new RS5, that was a factory order. Scuff happened either putting it on or taking it off the truck. It had the forged AudiSport wheels. We had our usual run repair shop come by to look at it / his work is absolutely fantastic and he does it on site. He was not confident that it would be as flawless as we expect, and as he expects, upon completion. So we replaced the wheel.
Old 11-28-2018, 05:42 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,091 Likes on 770 Posts

they can definitely do other work on the car without the recall software update. Software update is now available as of Monday too, so they should be able to do that for you as well.
Old 11-28-2018, 09:12 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

they can definitely do other work on the car without the recall software update. Software update is now available as of Monday too, so they should be able to do that for you as well.
Thanks your recall information, sir! I will go to the dealer today after work and find out what is going on there, LOL.
Old 12-03-2018, 08:42 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Finally my baby is home,
Originally Posted by orangeokie
Got to see some pictures!

Last edited by Wilsontour; 12-03-2018 at 08:47 PM. Reason: adding pictures
The following users liked this post:
batchelor22 (08-30-2021)
Old 12-05-2018, 01:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Beautiful car. Is that a Maserati stablemate? Going to have to put together a competition drive off between the two!
Old 12-05-2018, 04:52 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

LOL, yes sir. it is the 2017 Ghibli SQ4. It's a sexy car with sexy exhaust sounds, however I still prefer A7 for my daily driver, so smooth and full of style.
Here are some pictures of the Ghibli. Haven't got a chance to give some good shots on my A7 yet.
Originally Posted by orangeokie
Beautiful car. Is that a Maserati stablemate? Going to have to put together a competition drive off between the two!

Last edited by Wilsontour; 12-05-2018 at 04:54 PM. Reason: adding pictures
Old 12-22-2018, 06:47 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi, I just purchased a 2018 A7 w/competition package too.

Quick Question: Does your front passenger seat have a small lidded storage compartment under the seat? My driver side does but my passenger side doesn't, which seems a little weird. I think they forgot to re-attached the compartment when doing the PODS recall.

Quick Reply: Just purchased a 2018 Audi A7 Prestige with Competition Pack