AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   A7 (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a7-192/)
-   -   Looking to Buy an A7 (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a7-192/looking-buy-a7-2937163/)

ablackperson 11-19-2017 05:59 AM

Looking to Buy an A7

Hello Everyone,

I'm here because I'm looking into buying my first A7 and just wanted some advice/tips on some do's and don'ts, and what to look for.

I'd like to start off by saying I don't have much experience with buying from a dealership. That said, I found the A7 at one of those used Luxury Car dealerships. Its a 2012 Audi A7, Prestige with the cold weather package. It has 61,826 miles and is being listed for 29,990 at the moment. I have about 5 grand to put down and a 2006 Acura TL to trade in. I went to the dealer to see it and when I spoke with a salesman, i offered 25k. He said he can't come down 5 grand, which i figured but asked what he could do to make this sale happen. He said 29,000 flat and stated that no one else is offering a similar car for that low. I told him i'd do 27k after mentioning the kbb at the moment is 27k and it was still a no. I just left my card and told him to give me a call when he can make a deal happen.
I did notice that the price tag stuck on the car itself was 32,478. I found out about the car on capital ones website at 30,990, and when i got there it was 29,990. So it seems they've come down several times not being able to sell the car, and having, I believe i counted 8, other A7s in the lot. I figured I'd wait a week and go back and talk to a different salesman if its still there. I do really want this particular one because its the only one in the area that has the colors I want, black exterior, brown interior. Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated

uberwgn 11-19-2017 06:05 AM

A, are these CPO cars from an Audi dealership you are looking at?

ablackperson 11-19-2017 06:12 AM

I’m not sure, they didn’t mention anything about them being CPO

uberwgn 11-19-2017 07:05 AM

What country are you writing from? Are you working with an Audi dealer?

ablackperson 11-19-2017 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by uberwgn (Post 25070002)
What country are you writing from? Are you working with an Audi dealer?

I'm in United States, in Georgia. Its not an audi dealership, a its used Luxury Car Dealership.

uberwgn 11-19-2017 07:18 AM

My best recommendation is to learn about the CPO coverage and the protection for you (your wallet) it can provide.

Have you owned European cars in the past?

ablackperson 11-19-2017 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by uberwgn (Post 25070010)
My best recommendation is to learn about the CPO coverage and the protection for you (your wallet) it can provide.

Have you owned European cars in the past?

This will be my first.

uberwgn 11-19-2017 07:47 AM

My best recommendation is to learn about the CPO coverage and the protection for you (your wallet) it can provide. :)

EvergreenQ7 11-19-2017 08:23 AM

forget CPO with regard to this car as it will not meet Audi's criteria which is moot anyway since seller is not an Audi dealer. I believe the car has to be less than 4 years old and under a certain mileage to be CPO eligible. And an Audi CPO is going to cost quite a bit more than what OP is looking at

jasonhurst21 11-21-2017 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by ablackperson (Post 25069965)
Hello Everyone,

I'm here because I'm looking into buying my first A7 and just wanted some advice/tips on some do's and don'ts, and what to look for.

I'd like to start off by saying I don't have much experience with buying from a dealership. That said, I found the A7 at one of those used Luxury Car dealerships. Its a 2012 Audi A7, Prestige with the cold weather package. It has 61,826 miles and is being listed for 29,990 at the moment. I have about 5 grand to put down and a 2006 Acura TL to trade in. I went to the dealer to see it and when I spoke with a salesman, i offered 25k. He said he can't come down 5 grand, which i figured but asked what he could do to make this sale happen. He said 29,000 flat and stated that no one else is offering a similar car for that low. I told him i'd do 27k after mentioning the kbb at the moment is 27k and it was still a no. I just left my card and told him to give me a call when he can make a deal happen.
I did notice that the price tag stuck on the car itself was 32,478. I found out about the car on capital ones website at 30,990, and when i got there it was 29,990. So it seems they've come down several times not being able to sell the car, and having, I believe i counted 8, other A7s in the lot. I figured I'd wait a week and go back and talk to a different salesman if its still there. I do really want this particular one because its the only one in the area that has the colors I want, black exterior, brown interior. Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated

If you haven't purchased yet, sounds like you are pretty close and made up your mind. The A7 is a great car.

I'm on the other side, selling our A7 through a private party. The Audi dealership offered to buyback our premium plus with less miles for $27,500 - just saying this so it helps you gauge the dealer's profit. You can view my ad on the vehicles for sale section.

Have you figured out where you are planning to service the car? I have a good relationship with my independent shop that works strictly with Audi/VW and does a high volume. You could find one in your area, tell them you will service the car there after you make your purchase, and see if they can help inspect or offer advice.