A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

Looking to buy my first Audi A7

Old 08-18-2017, 09:54 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking to buy my first Audi A7

Hi everyone,

I'm new to Audis. My current and previous cars are Nissan Altima Hybrid and Hyundai Sonata Hybrid. I'm looking to buy either a used 2012 Audi A6, 2014 Audi A6 (that's CPO with 49k miles) or Audi A7 from Shift (see below).

I like them both, but have slight preference to A7s, but am hesitant due to high mileage

I just came across this A7 that i think is a pretty good deal but slightly hesitant to high mileage 74,800

https://shift.com/car/c152004?utm_so...p_notification

What are your guys' thoughts/feedback on this model since I'm new to Audis. What kind of expenses do you think I will have with such model in terms maintenance, wear/tear especially with mileage that is >70K.

Thanks ahead of time
Old 08-18-2017, 03:20 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks like a great deal, and they give you a 30-day warranty with 5-day return policy. Reality is that it is only a 5- to 6-year old car, and chances are the prior owner who had paid $80k-$85k is probably the type of person that would have properly maintained the car.

1. Just make sure to get a Carfax. A red flag would be a lot of different owners, and recurring service issues, like electrical.
2. Obviously avoid a car that's been in an accident, got title issues, or lemon buyback.
3. Check the condition of the tires, as replacing a set of four would probably be $1300-$1500.
4. Check that the electricals in the car, like power outlets and lights all function, as fuses can go out.
5. Check the upholstery for tears and stains.
6. Check rubber seals on trim, as they can age quickly, particularly in areas with extreme weather. Related to this, drive at highway speed and ascertain cabin noise.
7. Any warning lights?
8. Are floor mats present, try to also get the dealer to give you a trunk liner.

Others can probably add more, but 75k miles is nothing. Timing belt replacement would be 105k miles, and Audi has recommended service through 200k+, so the car is obviously engineered for lots more miles.
Old 08-21-2017, 11:29 AM
Audi Enthusiast

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Great advice from austin2012a7. I bought my 2012 A7 and rolled it over to 100K while driving it home from Florida to Georgia. The drivetrain is very solid. I've had a few quirks with electronics, but nothing serious, and I love the car. Had it about a year and a half now, and put another 23K on it myself. Great car.

Search this Thread