A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

Maintainance record help on A7

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2017, 08:57 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Maintainance record help on A7

Hello everyone, I'm a bit new to the Audiworld Forum and so far most of my questions have been answered by scrolling throw some of the older threads, however I have one question on a certain Audi id like to go see. I live in Minnesota and this will be my first Audi I'd own and I've been keeping an eye on a 2012 Audi A7 that is located in Texas. I've looked over the carfax, but it's a little unclear on what some of the maintainance was done on the vehicle. I can post add the link to the car fax at the bottom of the thread but I was also hoping I can get some help on what to look for or reoccurring problems to keep an eye out for this certain model. I apologize if I am not posting this in the right discussion forum.

Here is the link to the car fax and I can post more info on the car if needed!

https://www.carfax.com/VehicleHistor...489&source=BUP

Thank you!
Old 07-26-2017, 09:51 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

This A7 is a Canadian car imported into the US. I think you are already aware of that. In order to find out its maintenance history, it is best to contact an Audi Canada and ask them for a maintenance history. You can also try to run the VIN with a local Audi dealer in your area to find out if the car was ever serviced by an Audi dealer after it was imported into the US.

Another thing you can do if you are really interested with it and if you are planning to buy it sight-unseen, is have a Pre-purchase Inspection done by an independent Audi mechanic or an Audi dealer in Texas where it is currently located. Just looking at its service history will not let you know its current condition.

The fact that CarFax reports it being passed on from one auction to another and from one dealer to another after it crossed into the US raises my alarm bells. During its life in Canada, it had a private owner. But after crossing into the US, it never had a private owner. I wonder why it didn't sell to a private entity.

The A7 is a reliable car especially its 3.0L TFSI Engine but if there is something wrong with it, it can burn a hole through your pocket in a flash.

I found the car on the internet after doing a Google search using its VIN. It does look good in the photos.

Last edited by plat27265; 07-26-2017 at 09:56 AM.
Old 07-26-2017, 12:15 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awesome! thank you so much for the help, but I'm definitely going to give Audi Canada a call or even a local one nearby to see what has been serviced on it. However once I do I think I'll be making a stop down in Texas to see it in person rather than to pull the trigger. I've been looking for awhile now for an A7 but seeing as they go for 35k+ it's a bit over my price range. I'll definitely also make an update on how it goes when I get in contact w the dealerships. Are there any specifics I should look for in the history that should be replaced that won't give me any problems down the road?
Old 07-26-2017, 01:07 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

To make things easier for you, here is the 2012 Audi Maintenance Schedule for reference:
https://www.audiusa.com/content/dam/...-Year-2012.pdf

Aside from regular maintenance items, try to find out if the following critical service items were done:
Brake fluid, replacement - Every two years
Transmission Fluid, Drain and fill - the schedule does not say anything but if it has not been done, it will need to be done.
Compressor (Supercharger) V-belt - replace - 55,000 miles
Cooling System - Replace coolant - Every 4 to 5 years. It does not specify it but good practice.