My custom subwoofer

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2013, 09:35 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

[QUOTE=looking@audi;24432361]
Originally Posted by tenspeed
A place that replaces or upholsters /QUOTE]

Interesting idea. Do you feel they would do a better job than a custom audio shop or less expensive?
I would guess that it depends on the strengths of the audio shop. The upholsters should have the fabrics to match or complement the interior. They could also know of better methods of attaching the sub to the interior. You do want it to be removable if necessary for service.

Check out both ways and see what sounds best to you.
Old 04-15-2013, 05:03 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Comson Chen
My friend and I are thinking about integrating a sub and an amp into the factory sub box and provide that as a solution to whoever wants a simple upgrade to their A7 audio system. Not sure if anyone is interested in such thing.

You could install that yourself pretty easily. And the price will be a lot less than what a custom audio shop would charge you.
Very interested. I have never installed amp/sub before. A litter more on the wiring will be very helpful.
Old 04-15-2013, 05:09 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My friend and I are thinking about integrating a sub and an amp into the factory sub box and provide that as a solution to whoever wants a simple upgrade to their A7 audio system. Not sure if anyone is interested in such thing.

You could install that yourself pretty easily. And the price will be a lot less than what a custom audio shop would charge you.
You would probably get some interest on this forum.

I know JL Audio does this professionally for several dozen popular cars, however, they do not have an Audi solution. Not sure if this is a marketing decision based on lack of perceived interest or the relatively low numbers of cars built?

Here is an example of a "Stealthbox" solution for a BMW 5 series and a link to their webpage.

http://www.jlaudio.com/car-audio-ste...x-bmw-5-series
Attached Images  
Old 04-15-2013, 10:59 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by joinaudi
Very interested. I have never installed amp/sub before. A litter more on the wiring will be very helpful.
The idea is 99% of the wiring, mounting and tuning is done by us. You will only need to connect it to the battery (Pre-cut wires will be included in the package). And since we will be using the factory sub box, you can simply connect it back to the car audio signal with the original connector. You will not need to cut/ strip any wire, or drill holes in your car.
Old 04-15-2013, 11:56 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The idea is 99% of the wiring, mounting and tuning is done by us. You will only need to connect it to the battery (Pre-cut wires will be included in the package). And since we will be using the factory sub box, you can simply connect it back to the car audio signal with the original connector. You will not need to cut/ strip any wire, or drill holes in your car.

If you can provide a significant sub upgrade without the need to drill / modify the car -and make it as idiot proof as you describe - then YES - you should get lots of interest.

What is your estimated target cost?
Old 04-16-2013, 06:54 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by looking@audi
What is your estimated target cost?
We are thinking about $500 or less.
Old 04-16-2013, 10:07 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd buy one
Old 04-16-2013, 04:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

I'd buy one too. I'm more interested in the side cubby are enclosure.
Old 04-17-2013, 02:50 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I am in for one.
Old 04-17-2013, 06:38 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Very nice job! This is a mod I would seriouly consider doing. did you say you have the Bose system in your A7?

Quick Reply: My custom subwoofer