A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

My First mods to my A7

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2019, 07:16 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My First mods to my A7

Hey guys new around here but not to Audi. I've had this 2013 A7 for almost 5 months now and really enjoy the car and makes a great daily. So far I have done a few mods to it and plan to do Stage II single pulley in the future. I have also toss around the idea of making a throttle body adapter to run a bigger one like Apr's ultra charger but we will see! I have also included some other mods I have done to the car.

Which happen to be a OZ Audio: 6.5" Single 4 Ohm , 2” Coil, RMS 150 Watts-MAX 300 Watts and a 2000s kicker 500watt amp.
Also had a 3d printer laying around so I made an adapter to ring to allow the smaller sub to bolted in place of the old one with no modification to the bose sub box. I'm horrible at remembering to take photos when I do things like this but I manged to take a video so I'll try post it. Note I used Heat-serts to mount the smaller sub to the 3d printer adapter ring.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/NiHGkwBswTZb5UTT6

The second mod was a new intake so I could hear the whine! Again I went to the shop and found some 3in pre-bent tube and a hose bung. I glued it all together and I did end up having to order a new K&N filter but this what I ended up with. Will be getting it powder coated soon. Sorry for the crap photos!

Old 05-04-2019, 04:38 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Nice Job

I have a 2012 A7 I love the car bought it as a 2nd owner with 45K on it Did a boat load of modes 1st was APR Stage 1 Tune Absolutely amazing difference Power Speed Torque all Huge increases over stock 6 months later replaced entire front grill with a RS7 grill Love it...Then dropped in the 2nd APR Stage 2 Pulley and truly ripsss Now Torques is Absurd...then right after I bought an RS7 Cat back exhaust SO Loud sadly we cannot control the baffles with the module thru the computer but its okay I keep them wide open all the time and it sounds Great...just hit 105k miles and blew the head gasket pumping alot of coolant into oil pan.. Audi dealer quoted me $18,000 I researched a bunch of engine rebuilders and picked a guy in North Jersey to rebuild and pull engine originally quoted me about $8k for all but bearings and all else good so he did minor head gasket and valves for $4500 pick up the car this coming Tuesday then after 500 miles Im dropping in the Ultracharger....Cannot wait. Good Luck to you

Old 05-06-2019, 02:53 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Very nice! I changed the intake just to hear it whine too - modified it to my liking of course but I still haven't ordered the K&N yet so maybe I'll do that after this post:
Old 05-07-2019, 04:40 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

If you modify the air box on that way you are now allowing it to draw warm air from around the engine and as speed it will be at a lower pressure than the air immediately in front of the original air inlet. Neither of these are things you want for increased power output.

K&N filters used to be linked to MAF failures as well as less efficient air filtration.
Old 05-07-2019, 04:17 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Edd W
If you modify the air box on that way you are now allowing it to draw warm air from around the engine and as speed it will be at a lower pressure than the air immediately in front of the original air inlet. Neither of these are things you want for increased power output.

K&N filters used to be linked to MAF failures as well as less efficient air filtration.

K&N filters have been linked to MAF failures but those are due to the user applying too much oil when re-oiling after cleaning. Also those MAF are usually mounted in the intake tube it self so they get a-lot of **** ran through them.

I also do not have an cut outs on my air box like tuscani66 does in his photo. But Yes I could/am still pulling a little hot air from around the back the filter but majority of it will be fresh/clean air from the stock air box setup.