A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

Noobie - Several Questions re on Purchasing / Audi Connect + UK Black Edition

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2012, 12:05 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Noobie - Several Questions re on Purchasing / Audi Connect + UK Black Edition

I'm new to the forum and have a couple of questions. I'm looking to purchase a new A7 in the next 3-4 months. Wondering if someone could help w/ some answers.

1. Has anyone special ordered an A7 vs taking one off the lot? What's the process and how long does it normally take? Is the pricing as competitive on an order?

2. My mobile phone allows me to activate a Wireless Hotspot. Can I use that to enable Audi Connect or do I need to use their service and get a subscription?
Old 12-08-2012, 12:38 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kimosabe71
I'm new to the forum and have a couple of questions. I'm looking to purchase a new A7 in the next 3-4 months. Wondering if someone could help w/ some answers.

1. Has anyone special ordered an A7 vs taking one off the lot? What's the process and how long does it normally take? Is the pricing as competitive on an order?

2. My mobile phone allows me to activate a Wireless Hotspot. Can I use that to enable Audi Connect or do I need to use their service and get a subscription?
Answering your second question, this is a very frequent misconception, your car is not a computer with Wifi that you can use your phone's wireless spot to connect your car to the internet, only works (at least in the US) if you insert a sim card IN the car and then you can use the wifi of the car as a hot spot for an ipad for example. You can use TMobile's at 30 dlls per month (a steal) or if you have already a TMobile's Ipad you can use that sim card with an adaptor, same way with AT&T you can use the sim card of your phone/tablet and put it back but AT&T will only work at 2G speeds (trust me for what do you do with the NAV and google earth is enough)
In my case I take out my phone's sim card from time to time and I install it in the car and drive around, it downloads the maps and then I can use them offline.
Features like google search for destinations will not work offline, but you can use your phone instead, now if you buy the car new from the dealer you have TMobile service for free 6 months.
Old 12-09-2012, 07:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ordered last year in September or so - took about 2 months. Pricing depends on you negotiation skills and whether or not there's a satisfactory car in inventory they may be willing to deal on a bit more. I was able to get a decent deal, probably as much because of being a repeat customer vs. anything else.
Old 12-09-2012, 07:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kimosabe71

If your in Europe you should be able to use your phone data plan through rSAP to enable Audi Connect. Some mobiles allow you to do this as a normal function of the phone and some require an 'App' to be able to use rSAP.