A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

Quattro De Mayo 2018

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2018, 04:05 AM
Audi Enthusiast

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Quattro De Mayo 2018

Hi all,

I saw that @tenspeed is signed up for QDM this year. Great! Anyone else from this group going? Right now, only our 2 A7's, 1 S6, and 1RS7 (as far as C7s go) on the list.

I'm helping out on the committee this year, and look forward to seeing anyone there.

Jim

http://quattrodemayo.com
Old 03-30-2018, 09:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"Registration is now closed"
Old 03-30-2018, 09:53 AM
Audi Enthusiast

Originally Posted by orangeokie
Yes, that's true. I was looking to see if anyone else had already registered. It gets more popular each year, and filled up in 3 weeks this time. We have a waiting list, but probably won't see much more movement in that now that were close to a month away. We keep the total number of cars limited, to ensure that drive groups don't get unwieldy. This year, we have 110 cars registered.

I'll try to remember to post early next year when registration comes up again

Jim
Old 03-30-2018, 03:32 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by SpectreGadget
I saw that @tenspeed is signed up for QDM this year. Great! Anyone else from this group going? Right now, only our 2 A7's, 1 S6, and 1RS7 (as far as C7s go) on the list.
Look forward to meeting everyone down there. Where can I find the list?
How "Spirited" are the spirited drives? I would like to think that I can drive fast but I don't want to be holding anybody up.

Originally Posted by orangeokie
I was too late last year and missed it. If you want to go next year, mark your calendar. Registration opened in early January this year and filled up in a couple of weeks.
Old 03-30-2018, 03:59 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default I'm going but taking the S8

Originally Posted by SpectreGadget
Hi all,

I'm helping out on the committee this year, and look forward to seeing anyone there.

Jim

http://quattrodemayo.com
Signed up the first day. I've taken the C7 A6 TDI to several QDMs but took my D2 S8 last year. Having a few minor issues addressed on the S8 but will probably take that again this year. I have a new Bilstein suspension and new control arms, etc, so I'm anxious to see how different the S8 runs the dragon this year compared with last year.
Old 03-30-2018, 06:08 PM
Audi Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tenspeed
Look forward to meeting everyone down there. Where can I find the list?
The list will be posted soon. I'm on the planning committee, so I took a look.

Originally Posted by tenspeed
How "Spirited" are the spirited drives? I would like to think that I can drive fast but I don't want to be holding anybody up.
The spirited drives get very spirited, but one tennet of the drives are that everyone drives at what they are comfortable at. I had my A7 last year, and she did very well in comparison. It can be a bit of work through the Dragon, but well worth it.

Originally Posted by NOLAessate
Signed up the first day. I've taken the C7 A6 TDI to several QDMs but took my D2 S8 last year. Having a few minor issues addressed on the S8 but will probably take that again this year. I have a new Bilstein suspension and new control arms, etc, so I'm anxious to see how different the S8 runs the dragon this year compared with last year.
That will be fun!

Drives will open in about a week, so keep an eye out. I'm leading a scenic, photography-based drive on Saturday.

Jim
Old 03-30-2018, 07:36 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 251 Likes on 211 Posts

Hi Jim and others. Stumbled on your post. Looking forward to seeing everyone. We will probably be in the S5 but if the weather looks really nice, I might bring the Little Red Roadster. Drive list looks good. Some of those drives are pretty long!

Oh. And the driver list IS already up. —— https://quattrodemayo.com/who-is-registered-for-qdm

Last edited by J. Patterson; 03-30-2018 at 07:56 PM.
Old 03-30-2018, 07:55 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was not aware of QDM until this thread. Read the drives and the pace appears to be 3 levels including scenic, moderate and spirited. I will definitely sign up for next year. Today I followed a white A7 home from work and it was nice to see what the car looks like from the outside. I cannot imagine what it is going to be like driving with lots of other Audi owners. Show and shine should be fun to see how owners modify the cars.
Old 03-30-2018, 08:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Bummer, was looking forward to this - I'll try to make next years.
Old 03-31-2018, 05:33 PM
Audi Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ArkAudiA7
I was not aware of QDM until this thread. Read the drives and the pace appears to be 3 levels including scenic, moderate and spirited. I will definitely sign up for next year. Today I followed a white A7 home from work and it was nice to see what the car looks like from the outside. I cannot imagine what it is going to be like driving with lots of other Audi owners. Show and shine should be fun to see how owners modify the cars.
I will definitely put a reminder to bring it up in January next year and get everyone prepared. I'd love to see more us there representing the 7s!

My favorite part is when we have 10 cars or so following closely and quickly through the twisty turnies.

Quick Reply: Quattro De Mayo 2018