A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

Rear View and Front View Cameras won't activate

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2013, 09:13 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Rear View and Front View Cameras won't activate

Hello Guys

I have a 2013 A7 and last week, both the rear view and the front view cameras won't activate during the gear shift or if i press the park assist button. This happened 2 days after the delivery of the car

I took it to the dealer and they are asking me for an appointment which is 45 days from now.

They are telling me that there is something wrong with the control unit or wiring. Has anyone here experienced an issue like this?

Thanks!
Old 03-09-2013, 12:08 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by benna
Hello Guys

I have a 2013 A7 and last week, both the rear view and the front view cameras won't activate during the gear shift or if i press the park assist button. This happened 2 days after the delivery of the car

I took it to the dealer and they are asking me for an appointment which is 45 days from now.

They are telling me that there is something wrong with the control unit or wiring. Has anyone here experienced an issue like this?

Thanks!
45 days for a service appointment for a warranty issue?! 2 days after delivery?!

You should be able to schedule something in less than 45 hours - not days.

You need to call the service and sales manager directly. Speak up!
Old 03-09-2013, 03:13 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by benna
Hello Guys

Thanks!
I'm assuming you're under 5 mph when this issue occurs. Try an MMI reset - can't hurt. Press Menu+Control ****+Upper right function buttons at the same time for a couple of seconds.You might get lucky.