A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

Roughly what 'discount' off MSRP are people getting?

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2011, 07:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Roughly what 'discount' off MSRP are people getting?

I thought I'd start a trail on what discount people are getting off MSRP before any loyalty discounts or other programs for the A7 in the US

I'm in the northwest and my dealer insists that most A7s are going at or near MSRP/coming in sold. At the same time, I do see meaningful inventory across the local dealerships for a car of this class and heft.

It would be helpful if you could post what options you have, what region you are in, and what pct discount you negotiated off MSRP.

Thanks all!
Old 11-06-2011, 08:06 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad to see somebody start a thread like this. Over at BMW, they seem to have this pricing issue down to a science and it's possible to find a number of dealers in most metro areas willing to go $500 over invoice (before taking off any mfr incentives). For example, I've got offers for a 535xi for about $2000 under invoice after incentives.

The best I can figure out for the A7 is to go to zag.com. I'm getting offers for around $2,000 under MSRP, but still well over invoice. That also links to the TrueCar ratings which supposedly shows what others paid.

The zag.com pricing is a little inflated for BMW and hope that is the case for the A7. However, I think given the limited volume of A7's out there, it is going to be tough finding a deal, particularly on a Prestige.
Old 11-06-2011, 08:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by trieste
I thought I'd start a trail on what discount people are getting off MSRP before any loyalty discounts or other programs for the A7 in the US

I'm in the northwest and my dealer insists that most A7s are going at or near MSRP/coming in sold. At the same time, I do see meaningful inventory across the local dealerships for a car of this class and heft.

It would be helpful if you could post what options you have, what region you are in, and what pct discount you negotiated off MSRP.

Thanks all!
I paid MSRP, but I had to special order... Not sure if you can still bargain in said situation.
Old 11-06-2011, 12:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by raslam77
I paid MSRP, but I had to special order... Not sure if you can still bargain in said situation.
Depending upon how many dealers are around and what part of the country, you can negotiate. I got $1,000 over invoice and had to order car. I'm in the east.
Old 11-06-2011, 12:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by raslam77
Also, ordered Prestige with LED's, side assist, and cold weather. Didn't think Inovation package was necessary with the type of driving I do and certainly didn't want to spend almost $6,000 for the B&O radio as the Boise is more than adequate.
Old 11-06-2011, 12:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by trieste

Thanks all!
Just one last thing, whenever a dealer insists that most cars are being sold at MSRP, I ask why would I then buying from him as all dealers want service. Don't believe them. You can always make a deal. Call around outside your area and see what other dealers will do.
Old 11-06-2011, 01:59 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

2k over invoice.
Old 11-06-2011, 05:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

Keep it coming folks, I'll compile and repost a summary if there is interest.

BTW, I have found there is nothing that gets a dealer wound up more than (perceived) competition. You just need a "FU" price and car
Old 11-07-2011, 05:27 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

500 over invoice, + 2k Audi loyalty discount. Prestige A7 nearly fully loaded less the cold weather package.
Old 11-07-2011, 07:04 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

For a factory order A7, Prestige, Quartz Grey, 20" Sports package, LED Package, Side Assist - I negotiated 5.5% off MSRP.

Quick Reply: Roughly what 'discount' off MSRP are people getting?