A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

See the new A7 yet?

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2017, 04:07 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The A7 has always been a vehicle I wanted to own. I really like this new look, and direction Audi appears to be going in. If this would have been available when picking up my Q7, the A7 might have won me over.
Old 10-23-2017, 11:07 AM
N8!
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

From Top Gear:

https://www.topgear.com/car-news/fir...ally-looks-new
Old 10-23-2017, 07:48 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I watched some YouTube videos on it this weekend. I like how the exterior lighting moves during startup. I am letting the rear lights grow on me. Love the technology of the interior but again, it's just not overwhelming at this point. I am convinced further investigation will be requiring an Audi dealership visit with a possible test drive. At the minimum a visit to Audi and lots stares....and possibly some drooling.....
Old 10-23-2017, 11:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I pay attention to every detail as you will agree...

Front:
The headlights now wrap around the side of the front fender like every other car in the world. Looks very boring. The prior model had front fender come down the outer side of the headlight which was much more unique and appealing

The bumper line that attaches to the front fender is now completely horizontal to the ground and connects at the bottom of the headlight whereas it uses to connect at a 45 degree angle at the top of the headlight which was much more appealing

The lines in the hood towards the grill are too busy

Overall, the front end is very boring in comparison to the outgoing model, new headlight lighting notwithstanding.

Side View:

The shape of the third window on the side is longer and less attractive
The line above the third window carries down too far and not appealing
The additional body lines coming from the rear taillights forward look bad

Rear:

The rear wide and horizontal flat look is now curved in a convex fashion which loses the stunning rear appeal of the outgoing model
The overall shape of the rear taillights is far less attractiv, trickery notwithstanding
The rear wing that now shows the seam on the rear rather than on the top of the trunk is visually unappealing
The valence is horrible Where are the tailpipes????
The rear glass now has square lower corners rather than the radius corners it used to have. Way less attractive now.

Interior:

Way too linear and less fluid

Overall:

The car looks way less sexy than the current model. The stunning visual appeal is definitely gone and replaced with exterior lighting trickery and interior tech.
Not sure these items will sell better than the stunning design that was the A7.

Just my .02

Last edited by donaldp; 10-24-2017 at 09:00 PM.
Old 10-24-2017, 09:18 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by donaldp
I pay attention to every detail as you will agree...

Front:
The headlights now wrap around the side of the front fender like every other car in the world. Looks very boring. The prior model had front fender come down the outer side of the headlight which was much more unique and appealing

The bumper line that attaches to the front fender is now completely horizontal to the ground and connects at the bottom of the headlight whereas it uses to connect at a 45 degree angle at the top of the headlight which was much more appealing

The lines in the hood towards the grill are too busy

Overall, the front end is very boring in comparison to the outgoing model, new headlight lighting notwithstanding.

Side View:

The shape of the third window on the side is longer and less attractive
The line above the third window carries down too far and not appealing
The additional body lines coming from the rear taillights forward look bad

Rear:

The rear wide and horizontal flat look is now curved in a convex fashion which loses the stunning rear appeal of the outgoing model
The overall shape of the rear taillights is far less attractiv, trickery notwithstanding
The rear wing that now shows the seam on the rear rather than on the top of the trunk is visually unappealing
The valence is horrible Where are the tailpipes????

Interior:

Way too linear and less fluid

Overall:

The car looks way less sexy than the current model. The stunning visual appeal is definitely gone and replaced with exterior lighting trickery and interior tech.
Not sure these items will sell better than the stunning design that was the A7.

Just my .02
So you don't like any of the changes? I still like it better than the current version.
Old 10-24-2017, 10:56 AM
N8!
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by jjsC6
So you don't like any of the changes? I still like it better than the current version.
I agree. This debate reminds me of the division between the fans of the old B8 model of the A/S5 and the new B9. I think now the the B9s are out that debate has died down quite a bit.

The older B8 is classic but the new one make it look a bit dated inside and out.
Old 10-24-2017, 11:07 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by jjsC6
I don't so far from what I see in pictures. Real life could completely change my opinion as I'm hoping it does.
Old 10-24-2017, 11:42 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Compared to the previous model facelift
Old 10-25-2017, 03:05 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by donaldp
I don't so far from what I see in pictures. Real life could completely change my opinion as I'm hoping it does.
i just got an e-mail this morning with a great front 3/4 view of a silver one that looked sensational. I think they left alone what looked great and fixed what did not. Looks are all subjective though....no wrong answer.

Last edited by jjsC6; 10-25-2017 at 03:08 AM.
Old 11-09-2017, 11:19 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by stampede253
This car is gorgeous--very anxious to see one in person. The front design seems much more integrated than the D5 A8 to my eyes. This car just moved way up my "gotta have" list for my next Audi
All the initial videos didn't show an iota of wood in the interior which was very disappointing; wood seems to soften and warm up the interior.
However, the following video shows fair amount of wood in the interior, in several areas (starting around 0.55 minute mark in this very short video). That'a a big relief to me personally!

Last edited by pagla6; 11-09-2017 at 11:21 AM. Reason: Clarification