A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

Sirius Traffic

Old 02-19-2014, 07:54 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sirius Traffic

For the last several years I have had traffic info available on my A7 MMI (software 0467). Recently (and for no reason I can point to) the TMC symbol has disappeared and I get no traffic info. Called Sirius and they have sent a master reset signal to the radio several times--still no traffic.

The only other change that I have recently made is for the first time I used the car hot spot and bluetooth audio to stream music from an iphone5 to the MMI--works fine. I have had a few other "unexplainable" events occur since the iphone was first used in the car. I have no reason to think that the iphone and traffic loss are related, but ...............?

Anyone have similar issues? Any thoughts? Thanks.
Old 02-19-2014, 08:33 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by RobertJ
For the last several years I have had traffic info available on my A7 MMI (software 0467). Recently (and for no reason I can point to) the TMC symbol has disappeared and I get no traffic info. Called Sirius and they have sent a master reset signal to the radio several times--still no traffic.

The only other change that I have recently made is for the first time I used the car hot spot and bluetooth audio to stream music from an iphone5 to the MMI--works fine. I have had a few other "unexplainable" events occur since the iphone was first used in the car. I have no reason to think that the iphone and traffic loss are related, but ...............?

Anyone have similar issues? Any thoughts? Thanks.
I have the same exact problem (Today). My radio stations all went blank, I "pinged" the A7 from the Sirius XM site which got me by radio channels, but my traffic info is gone. I spent over an hour with Sirius XM this morning where they had me do all sorts of things, but no traffic. Very strange.
Old 02-19-2014, 09:53 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

It's not uncommon for Sirius to lose service temporarily to part of their system, either due to an update on their end or some other reason and their customer service people usually have no clue it's happened. Wait a day and see if the traffic starts working again. Another thing to try is to reboot the MMI. Prob won't help if they're down right now but nothing to lose by trying it.
Simultaneously press Menu+center control+upper right function button
Old 02-19-2014, 10:41 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Contact Richard Beilenson at Sirius Richie.Beilenson@siriusxm.com

He fixed mine!

Donn
Old 02-19-2014, 03:31 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by thedaysbetween
Contact Richard Beilenson at Sirius Richie.Beilenson@siriusxm.com

He fixed mine!

Donn
Thank you very mcuh for the suggestion. I contacted Richie and he was able to resolve the issue for me.

This is a SiriusXM problem that the front end customer service people could not reslove by sending a refresh signal--at least for now. I was told by the front end people that I most likley needed an MMI update--this is not the case.
Old 02-20-2014, 04:19 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Add my name to the "lost traffic" club. Both on the drive in and drive from work today - no traffic. Hopefully, just a temporary issue
Old 02-20-2014, 06:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RobertJ
Thank you very mcuh for the suggestion. I contacted Richie and he was able to resolve the issue for me.

This is a SiriusXM problem that the front end customer service people could not reslove by sending a refresh signal--at least for now. I was told by the front end people that I most likley needed an MMI update--this is not the case.
How did he fix it?
Old 02-22-2014, 07:31 PM
AudiWorld Member

This traffic issue is not confined to the A7, as our MY11 Q5 radio/nav lost both channels and traffic last Saturday (channels for sure, but did not notice traffic outage until Monday). Called Sirius XM Saturday evening and their refresh fixed the channels. Monday morning attempted to get Sirius Techs (after referral from usual customer service reps) to restore traffic, and they could not do it. Was out of town (w/o car) two days and called Sirius Customer Care after reporting dissatisfaction via survey. CC Tech attempted to "refresh traffic separately" (Called on cell phone and not connected to radio speakers via Bluetooth), but no joy. He claims it's an "Audi problem" (riiiggghhht). Visited dealer today, and they never heard of such a problem. I've had traffic go out for part of a day before, but never for this long (have 3-yr subscription and still have 6 months left).

Would also like to know how this was fixed.
Old 02-23-2014, 08:47 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Same problem here...after spending 2 hours on hold and doing numerous refreshes with reps from all over the world but US, I figured that $220/year isn't worth such BS and cancelled my service with Sirius.

Few years ago I had similar issue on my Infiniti - Serius suggested I replace the radio in my car )) the dealer did it too )) Refresh worked on the new radio ID
Old 02-24-2014, 10:54 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Hi there -

I'm happy Richie was able to help you. If you have any questions in the future, feel free to reach out to our Digital Care team by filling out the following form. https://listenercare.siriusxm.com/app/digital_ask/incidents.c$social_media/638

We'll be happy to help you resolved any issues you have with your factory installed radio.

Thanks,
SiriusXM Digital Care Team

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Sirius Traffic