A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

Audi A7 Production Delays?

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2011, 03:36 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audi A7 Production Delays?

Hey everyone, I ordered my A7 at the end of July. I emailed the dealer a couple days ago and he told me Audi is really swamped with production and they don't have any other info on my order at this time.

Anyone else have this problem? Is this true? Did the dealer screw something up and that's why it's delayed? I made an alteration the order a couple weeks ago but I can't imagine that changed anything (I had the front license plate holder removed, that's all). Would appreciate insights and input. Thanks
Old 08-31-2011, 04:59 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I ordered mine at the end of June and my salesman told me today that it's scheduled to arrive at port on Oct 17th. That delivery date is still similar to what I was told when I placed the order. The wait is driving me crazy!
Old 08-31-2011, 06:11 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I placed my order on June 31st at around 8:30 P.M. so I'm not sure exactly when it got processed. My A7 is scheduled to arrive at the dealer on the week of 9/12. Location within the U.S. and options might also be a factor. My A7 is headed to Long Island, which is about a 2-3 hour drive from the port in NJ. My Specs to compare with yours to spot delayed parts:

Ice Silver
Titanium Gray/Dark Carpet Interior
Natural Ash Wood Trim
Prestige
Full LED Headlights
Cold Weather Package
Side Assist
Old 08-31-2011, 06:28 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The dealer probably changed an existing order to get your a7 that fast. Not even 90 days will pass if that holds true on your car.

Black interior and aluminum trim are best for timely builds.

Wood trim causes delays from what I here.
Old 08-31-2011, 07:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

My order is for Havanna black, nougat, Prestige, Innovation, 20" sport and cold weather.
Old 09-01-2011, 03:16 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by jperryrocks
The dealer probably changed an existing order to get your a7 that fast. Not even 90 days will pass if that holds true on your car.

Black interior and aluminum trim are best for timely builds.

Wood trim causes delays from what I here.
Yes, that's what I believe he did as well. What was interesting with my order and I suppose I should have mentioned this, my original build date was the week of 9/12. However, around the first week of August my dealer informed me that it went into production already. Same commission number. Perhaps the same might happen with those of you waiting for a car?
Old 09-01-2011, 03:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

Havana Black was one of the colors that went unavailable for a time due to to the tsunami damage at a plant that produces the pigments. Is it back on the order system again?
Old 09-01-2011, 08:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

Bmcds4 I asked my salesman about that and he said that the order had been accepted. I assume that means that they have the paint available.
Old 09-01-2011, 11:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by samsoccer7
Hey everyone, I ordered my A7 at the end of July. I emailed the dealer a couple days ago and he told me Audi is really swamped with production and they don't have any other info on my order at this time.

Anyone else have this problem? Is this true? Did the dealer screw something up and that's why it's delayed? I made an alteration the order a couple weeks ago but I can't imagine that changed anything (I had the front license plate holder removed, that's all). Would appreciate insights and input. Thanks
I don't know why, but the whole dealer response including the 'Audi really swamped' line annoys me. There is a process for getting a car built and it's not that difficult for them to tell you where you are in the process. They put your order into the system, it's a sold order at that point. Next Audi has to pick up that order - reasons why there might be delays, is that dealer might not have an allocation for that car at that time. Usually once or twice a month Audi releases more allocations and orders get picked up. At the point the dealer gets the allocation and the order gets picked up you get a commission number and from there you will get a build date, and as the car moves through the system you'll get a date at port, an estimated date at dealer etc. This should all be very easy for your sales person to tell you.

No where is 'Audi is swamped' figured into this. They know exactly how many vehicles they can build and/or sell in the US, and they allocate to those levels. The dealer might not have an allocation, and that means that you might have to wait to get a commission number, but maybe they don't tell you that, because another dealer, might have an allocation and you could easily switch dealers to jump in line.

The question you should have for your dealer, is does your car have a commission number (and then get the commission number for your reference - there are a few kind souls on AudiWorld who might look it up if you ask nicely). To me, it is a real issue when a person buying a $70,000 car is a bother to the salesman in looking up a commission number and checking status.
Old 09-02-2011, 04:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

I have a commmission number and production week... Can anyone tell me when that might be?

K37430

Production week 29

Quick Reply: Audi A7 Production Delays?