TDI vs gassoline - AudiWorld Forums

Notices
A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

TDI vs gassoline

Old 06-12-2018, 06:34 AM
  #1  
Audiworld Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 9
Default TDI vs gassoline

Hello!" Ive been looking for an A7 for about two months now, only interested in the prestege model.

Would you guys buy a TDI with 60k and every feature, or a gas powered A7 with 30-40k with most features?
Im trying to get as close to 30 thoudsnd dollars as possible
Prlme is offline  
Old 06-12-2018, 06:36 AM
  #2  
AudiWorld Senior Member
 
fkaufman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 921
Default

Originally Posted by Prlme View Post
Hello!" Ive been looking for an A7 for about two months now, only interested in the prestege model.

Would you guys buy a TDI with 60k and every feature, or a gas powered A7 with 30-40k with most features?
Im trying to get as close to 30 thoudsnd dollars as possible
TDI without a question!
fkaufman is offline  
Old 06-12-2018, 06:48 AM
  #3  
Audiworld Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 9
Default

Originally Posted by fkaufman View Post
TDI without a question!
Could you provide some reasoning to your choice? 😊
Prlme is offline  
Old 06-12-2018, 07:03 AM
  #4  
Audiworld Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Bay City, Michigan
Posts: 15
Default

Picked up my '14 TDI a month ago. Was looking at gas burners for about 6-8 months. Found a good deal on a TDI and so glad i pulled the trigger. Fuel economy is great and the torque...my god, the torque. Also, we have diesel tankers at work for our semis. Boss told me Ill never have to pay for gas again if im driving a diesel. So that helps a little i guess lol
bigmackenz is offline  
Old 06-12-2018, 07:33 AM
  #5  
Audiworld Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 9
Default

Originally Posted by bigmackenz View Post
Picked up my '14 TDI a month ago. Was looking at gas burners for about 6-8 months. Found a good deal on a TDI and so glad i pulled the trigger. Fuel economy is great and the torque...my god, the torque. Also, we have diesel tankers at work for our semis. Boss told me Ill never have to pay for gas again if im driving a diesel. So that helps a little i guess lol
Wow, thats a great deal for you! How many miles were on yours, and do you mind if I ask how much you ended up paying?
Prlme is offline  
Old 06-12-2018, 09:18 AM
  #6  
Audiworld Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Bay City, Michigan
Posts: 15
Default

bought it with 65k miles at $31,500. Came with OEM 20"rims and the S line steering wheel with the flat bottom. Also, drive assist package and the upgrade LED headlights
bigmackenz is offline  
Old 06-12-2018, 01:02 PM
  #7  
Audiworld Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 9
Default

Originally Posted by bigmackenz View Post
bought it with 65k miles at $31,500. Came with OEM 20"rims and the S line steering wheel with the flat bottom. Also, drive assist package and the upgrade LED headlights
Yeah on second thought looking at the sticker for the tdi model it has everything but the sport oackage, including B&o... which is a deal breaker for me unfortunatly
Prlme is offline  
Old 06-12-2018, 01:09 PM
  #8  
Audiworld Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Bay City, Michigan
Posts: 15
Default

Originally Posted by Prlme View Post
Yeah on second thought looking at the sticker for the tdi model it has everything but the sport oackage, including B&o... which is a deal breaker for me unfortunatly
I was heavily looking for a B&O system in one of em. Huge music and sound person. I knew the Bose would be good. But not that good. Very loud. And at full volume or near, no static or fuzz. Great quality sound. Knowing what i know from the Bose system, even if that B&O only cost a fraction of what it does, id still go Bose all the way
bigmackenz is offline  
Old 06-12-2018, 09:30 PM
  #9  
AudiWorld Member
 
A7_TDI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Somewhere along the Cascadia subduction zone
Posts: 148
Default

428 reasons to pick the TDI.
A7_TDI is offline  
Old 06-13-2018, 08:53 AM
  #10  
AudiWorld Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 739
Default

There is no comparison between the Bose and the B&O systems in this car. I listened to both before I ordered my car and the B&O was far superior and that is what I ordered.
19hole is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: TDI vs gassoline


Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: