AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   A7 (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a7-192/)
-   -   tenspeed's latest mods (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a7-192/tenspeeds-latest-mods-2901709/)

tenspeed 06-04-2016 05:21 PM

tenspeed's latest mods

4 Attachment(s)
Getting ready for a car show Sunday.

Ferrada FR2's for the summer performance tires

Attachment 73231
Attachment 73232

Sport pedals

Attachment 73233

Seat control switches

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b7...psxstgalaw.jpg

EZ pass box

Attachment 73234

localbrew 06-04-2016 08:54 PM

Lookin good! Were the sport pedals and switches hard to install? Did you go OEM or aftermarket?

tenspeed 06-05-2016 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by localbrew (Post 24820504)
Lookin good! Were the sport pedals and switches hard to install? Did you go OEM or aftermarket?

The pedals are aftermarket from eBay. The pedals weren't too hard to install. Gas pedal slips over the plastic and you have to reach around to pull the rubber lip into place. The brake pedal has two tabs that pop into holes and you pull on the side wings to spread them.

The foot rest is the hardest part. There's a metal tab at the top, a "U" shaped channel that attaches to the kick panel and five tabs that slide into holes in the floor. I started by removing the bottom end, pulling up to pull the tabs out of the floor. I couldn't get the top tab out so I pulled off the fuse panel cover, removed a bolt and removed two bolts holding the plastic piece under the steering wheel. With the bolts removed, I could pull on the panel to free the clip at the top of the pedal. Pushing, pulling and wiggling the pedal around freed the foot rest from the kick panel. I tried to install the new footrest the reverse that the old one was removed. I managed to break the "U" shaped long plastic piece that ties the pedal and kick panel together. I ended up removing the piece entirely, clipped the steering wheel panel to the top and securing the five tabs into the floor.

Removing the seat buttons took an couple of jewelers screwdrivers and a chopstick. You have to get behind the buttons and pull straight out to get them to let loose. Install is easy - just line up the switch actuators and push them back. Compare the insides to what you took off. They are different.

tenspeed 06-05-2016 09:53 AM

2 Attachment(s)
A shot from the local car show
Attachment 73226

My first Audi trophy
Attachment 73227

tenspeed 06-27-2016 06:06 PM

9 Attachment(s)
I bought a R8 coolant jug cap and was disappointed when I installed it. It was 90 degrees off of where I would have liked it. After close examination, I took it apart and modified it to sit in the desired orientation.

The cap is press fit onto the inside part. There's four slots and tabs to position it. One slot is larger so if you widen a narrow slot, the cap can be rotated and reassembled.

Attachment 73066

I screwed the lower part on the jug and applied masking tape so I could make a pencil line.
Attachment 73067

The wide slot at at the nine o'clock position in the shot. The six o'clock slot needs to be wider to accept the tab.
Attachment 73068

Modification complete - it aligns with the oil cap and the symbol is facing forward
Attachment 73069

Added some stainless acorn nuts on various studs in the engine bay
Attachment 73070

Installed an Injen intake
Attachment 73071

Quattro on the rear doors
Attachment 73072

Audi rings on the C pillar
Attachment 73073
Attachment 73074

ValvemanA7 06-28-2016 05:31 AM

Very clean look - really like the subtleness of the quattro and rings.

tenspeed 06-28-2016 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by ValvemanA7 (Post 24828685)
Very clean look - really like the subtleness of the quattro and rings.

Thank you.

I know I lost a few ponies with non-traditional colors and placements and I can live with that.

IknowHuhA6 07-07-2016 07:38 PM

Wow, very nice! Such nice progress. The quattro stencils are my favorite. Very nice wheels, and super job on the engine caps.
And congrats on the show award. Looks like someone's an overachiever for sure. LOL

:D

phoneboy6 07-16-2016 05:41 PM

Where did you get the rings sticker and what are the measurements.

tenspeed 07-17-2016 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by phoneboy6 (Post 24835338)
Where did you get the rings sticker and what are the measurements.

I got the rings from Audi Decals @ autothing.com! Decals for your Audi automobile. They are 287 mm X 100mm. If you need a black to silver set send me a PM.