A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

Thanks Brett

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2018, 10:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 21 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Thanks Brett

I had a blow out a week or so ago. shredded the tire. ruined the wheel. wasn't happy. so here I was facing the task of dropping $1,500 or better on tires. I post this to say thanks to bbarrow313 for his advice and help. He had 4 Nitto tires on hand that he and I agreed would suffice for now, and he shipped them from Atlanta to NY.
Below are some pics of the tire before and then after the Nittos are installed.

tires shipped...

and a quick pic with Nittos installed. glad to have the A7 back up and running again...

Old 02-05-2018, 05:37 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Bigbully
I had a blow out a week or so ago. shredded the tire. ruined the wheel. wasn't happy. so here I was facing the task of dropping $1,500 or better on tires. I post this to say thanks to bbarrow313 for his advice and help. He had 4 Nitto tires on hand that he and I agreed would suffice for now, and he shipped them from Atlanta to NY.
Below are some pics of the tire before and then after the Nittos are installed.

tires shipped...

and a quick pic with Nittos installed. glad to have the A7 back up and running again...

Thats great to hear! No one likes a torn tire and damaged rim... Did you end up buying a new rim because that one looks rashed badly. Also its winter time so I hope you are careful with the 20s and those nittos summer tires and only driving when its dry outside. I rather use 19 inch with winter tires from Nov to March here. Then I put back on my 20s with the summer tires in late march after all the snow is gone and the potholes are patched up here.
Old 02-05-2018, 06:44 PM
AudiWorld Member

Yes, I ended up buying a new wheel as well. I had Pirelli zeros on there to start so I didn’t lose anything by putting these summers on. I planned on replacing the pirellis with the DWS06 but I got a lot going on at moment. And to go with summer AND a pair of winter tires would have meant buying 2 sets. I don’t drive the A7 in the snow, and seldom in rain. I have another Audi A4 that gets a lot of commuting miles and runs well. Maybe down the line I’ll look for 19s and all seasons to swap in/out.
I’ll see. Wife says I have too many cars. I also have a lifted truck that I barely drive, but fun when I do, and he’ll, the Vette in the garage I bought in Sept to enjoy with my little girl, and hasn’t even been driven yet.
Old 02-05-2018, 09:34 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

I planned on replacing the pirellis with the DWS06 but I got a lot going on at moment.
When I was shopping for my DWS 06's, I found the 275/35 ZR 20 was a couple hundred bucks less than the OEM 265/35. The total was a little over $1K from eBay vendor "TireBuyer" during a Presidents Day sale. That included NYS tax and tire fee.
Old 02-06-2018, 06:24 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Yes, I ended up buying a new wheel as well. I had Pirelli zeros on there to start so I didn’t lose anything by putting these summers on. I planned on replacing the pirellis with the DWS06 but I got a lot going on at moment. And to go with summer AND a pair of winter tires would have meant buying 2 sets. I don’t drive the A7 in the snow, and seldom in rain. I have another Audi A4 that gets a lot of commuting miles and runs well. Maybe down the line I’ll look for 19s and all seasons to swap in/out.
I’ll see. Wife says I have too many cars. I also have a lifted truck that I barely drive, but fun when I do, and he’ll, the Vette in the garage I bought in Sept to enjoy with my little girl, and hasn’t even been driven yet.

Gotcha, using the A4 is smart. I do have a set of 4 perfect take off Michelin Pilot Sport AS3 + that I wanted to sell and will do so this March/April. I wanted the Pilot Sport 4S tire for spring to fall on my 20s. I cannot get my 20s bent or rashed or I go crazy if I see it or feel any abnormal vibrations.
Old 02-08-2018, 01:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Baloo588
Gotcha, using the A4 is smart. I do have a set of 4 perfect take off Michelin Pilot Sport AS3 + that I wanted to sell and will do so this March/April. I wanted the Pilot Sport 4S tire for spring to fall on my 20s. I cannot get my 20s bent or rashed or I go crazy if I see it or feel any abnormal vibrations.
I hear ya. the catch is...to put 19s on the car in Winter, I have to buy not only a set of 19" tires, but a full set of 19" wheels as well. easier for now to make good use of the A4. plus it not only keeps the 20s out of the snow but the whole car out of the crappy weather.
Old 02-10-2018, 03:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by tenspeed
When I was shopping for my DWS 06's, I found the 275/35 ZR 20 was a couple hundred bucks less than the OEM 265/35. The total was a little over $1K from eBay vendor "TireBuyer" during a Presidents Day sale. That included NYS tax and tire fee.
I found similar pricing differences for the DW summer tires, 275 vs 265. Love these summer tires (thinking of spring)