A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

Top View Camera Issue Wont come out of Graphic Mode

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2018, 12:02 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Top View Camera Issue Wont come out of Graphic Mode

Hi all,

Ive got a 2016 prestige audi a7 thats ALWAYS in graphic mode and doesnt even give me the option to get into camera mode. (there is no 'View' option in the MMI under 'Parking Aid', nor is there a 'Graphic' option on the bottom left corner of the camera screen)

It has peripheral cameras and the car is imaged to the side view which means that it definitely should have this view.
I thought this may have been an issue with the cameras not being calibrated, so I went into the dealership to have this done, but the problem still persists.

Any thoughts?

Cheers,
-Alex
Old 08-28-2018, 07:37 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

The A7 does not have a top view camera.
Old 08-29-2018, 08:24 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

A buddy of mine has the same car/package and he does...It has peripheral cameras and the car is imaged to the side of the monitor view. Vehicles that dont just have the back up camera surfacing the whole screen like my 2016 A6.
Remember its a 2016 Audi A7 Sportback Prestige
Old 08-29-2018, 11:08 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by alexprokopchik
A buddy of mine has the same car/package and he does...It has peripheral cameras and the car is imaged to the side of the monitor view. Vehicles that dont just have the back up camera surfacing the whole screen like my 2016 A6.
Remember its a 2016 Audi A7 Sportback Prestige
where are you located at? I have a 2017 A7 and I know mine doesn’t have top view. I remember reading that the A7 doesn’t have the top view camera because of the location of the cameras. The A4, A5, A6 and A8 along with the Q5/7/8 have a top view camera which gives a birds eye view of the car.
If your buddy has an A7 with a birds eye view, I’m shocked and I’d love to see a photo of it in action.
Old 08-29-2018, 11:30 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Im in Seattle, WA.
Ill try to get a hold of a pic!
Old 08-29-2018, 12:43 PM
AudiWorld Super User

A stock A7/S7 Prestige only has surround cameras but no top view. This is because the A7 has different ORVMs compared to the A6 which has a top view camera. Apparently there was some company that offered a full camera system including top view for the A7 but it was aftermarket and required a lot of drilling and stuff (from what I’ve read).
So yes. Your car is working perfectly. Your friend either has a car with an aftermarket system or Audi somehow messed up and he got lucky enough to get top view which AFAIK is impossible.

Last edited by VipinLJ; 08-29-2018 at 03:10 PM.
Old 08-29-2018, 01:02 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by alexprokopchik
Hi all,

Ive got a 2016 prestige audi a7 thats ALWAYS in graphic mode and doesnt even give me the option to get into camera mode. (there is no 'View' option in the MMI under 'Parking Aid', nor is there a 'Graphic' option on the bottom left corner of the camera screen)

It has peripheral cameras and the car is imaged to the side view which means that it definitely should have this view.
I thought this may have been an issue with the cameras not being calibrated, so I went into the dealership to have this done, but the problem still persists.

Any thoughts?

Cheers,
-Alex
Which dealer did you go to? And they didn't tell you whether or not you have the bird eye view before doing any calibration?

Old 08-29-2018, 03:36 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by aquarian
Which dealer did you go to? And they didn't tell you whether or not you have the bird eye view before doing any calibration?
Yeah, seems like we're missing some of the story. Anyway, the order guide only appears to list "Corner view camera system w/distance sensor", which is how I would describe that image.
Old 08-29-2018, 04:50 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

The easiest way to tell if you have the bird eye view is to look for cameras under neath your side mirrors. If there are no such cameras, then you don't have the 360 view option.
Old 08-29-2018, 05:48 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by aquarian
The easiest way to tell if you have the bird eye view is to look for cameras under neath your side mirrors. If there are no such cameras, then you don't have the 360 view option.
I thought all A7 Prestiges had a surround view camera? Or was it like in my ‘13 A6 which needed an additional package even in prestige for surround view camera? Cuz I see you have an A7 which is why I’m asking.

Like i I said before. The A7 doesn’t have top/birds eye view. The OPs car has surround view but not birds eye view which is what I’m guessing he wants.

Quick Reply: Top View Camera Issue Wont come out of Graphic Mode