A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

Vag Com Tail Lights

Old 05-02-2013, 07:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Vag Com Tail Lights

I wanted Something that looked a little different - This was originally done by david at Audienthausists.com , But i wanted to change it a little, the first video is first coding that David did, and the 2nd is the coding that i did. the major change is the indicator when the rear fog lights and activated and you have the rear brakes lights on.

Video # 1 - first Coding

Video # 2 - Second Coding - Done by me

Last edited by Stevial; 05-02-2013 at 07:35 AM.
Old 05-02-2013, 08:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

VERY NICE

Are you able to share the VAG Coding to activate this?

Also, do you drive with the Fog lights on to achieve this affect

Originally Posted by Stevial
I wanted Something that looked a little different - This was originally done by david at Audienthausists.com , But i wanted to change it a little, the first video is first coding that David did, and the 2nd is the coding that i did. the major change is the indicator when the rear fog lights and activated and you have the rear brakes lights on.

Video # 1 - first Coding

Video # 2 - Second Coding - Done by me
Old 05-02-2013, 09:55 AM
Banned

Is there a video with the stock sequence to see the differences vs stock?
Old 05-02-2013, 09:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by clintb
VERY NICE

Are you able to share the VAG Coding to activate this?

Also, do you drive with the Fog lights on to achieve this affect
Nope, you dont have to drive with rear fogs on to get that effect.

The Coding is not that Simple - there are a couple of steps, but you have to very very very careful, when you start changing these particular codes - they start to effect other rear lighting codes for the car. I am not saying this to be deterrent, i have had all day experiences setting back codes the way the should be. PM me and i will send you the diagram i made up a small sketch to map the lighting channels and instructions on how to change the coding -
The following users liked this post:
Tzolee (11-09-2022)
Old 05-02-2013, 10:19 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by feralc
Is there a video with the stock sequence to see the differences vs stock?
Nah, but just look at your tail lights and how they function , in US the top and middle LED strip on the A7 function together as brake and indicator lights. and when the rear fog light is activated the lighting pattern also changes.

In Europe the top LED strip is indicator only and the middle is the brake only - see video below

(Please note, i got this info from David at Audienthausists.com)

In the US Since DOT mandates park lights all the lighting channels are used up so the inside or truck top and middle LED strip are hardwired together and set on 1 channel. So i wanted the Euro Style lighting, so the closest we can get in america to the euro style without Physically separating the Lights are hard wired together is recode the rear lights the way that shown in my first and second video in my first post.
Old 05-02-2013, 12:11 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The headlights seems to be a bit different too. As far as I know, the LED strips dim when headlights come ON, as well as when indicators are turned on. The side marker lights do not come ON individually, instead, one of the led blocks adjust their directions to point either left or right, based on the turn.

Nah, but just look at your tail lights and how they function , in US the top and middle LED strip on the A7 function together as brake and indicator lights. and when the rear fog light is activated the lighting pattern also changes.

In Europe the top LED strip is indicator only and the middle is the brake only - see video below

http://youtu.be/0vDJaQW20bU

http://youtu.be/f_R06qx3zLQ

(Please note, i got this info from David at Audienthausists.com)

In the US Since DOT mandates park lights all the lighting channels are used up so the inside or truck top and middle LED strip are hardwired together and set on 1 channel. So i wanted the Euro Style lighting, so the closest we can get in america to the euro style without Physically separating the Lights are hard wired together is recode the rear lights the way that shown in my first and second video in my first post.
Old 05-03-2013, 06:11 AM
AudiWorld Member

Nope, you dont have to drive with rear fogs on to get that effect.

The Coding is not that Simple - there are a couple of steps, but you have to very very very careful, when you start changing these particular codes - they start to effect other rear lighting codes for the car. I am not saying this to be deterrent, i have had all day experiences setting back codes the way the should be. PM me and i will send you the diagram i made up a small sketch to map the lighting channels and instructions on how to change the coding -
PM Sent
Old 05-07-2013, 05:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by clintb
PM Sent
This is for Clintb and abcabc - see attached file, i didnt have an e-mail address since no one contacted me over the weekend, i figure it would better to do the steps with a helping hand on the other line, again fellas be really careful with this.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
A7 lighting Diagram (rev).pdf (1.35 MB, 648 views)

Last edited by Stevial; 05-07-2013 at 05:29 PM.
Old 05-07-2013, 06:56 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

This is for Clintb and abcabc - see attached file, i didnt have an e-mail address since no one contacted me over the weekend, i figure it would better to do the steps with a helping hand on the other line, again fellas be really careful with this.
Is there one for the A6?
Old 05-07-2013, 07:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by manishaudi
Is there one for the A6?
consider the A6 the same concept. just follow the diagram. ive done extensive testing and the A6 and A7 coding can be completely interchangeable. while testing i had a Fdot's (Fdot has an A6) map and used it to do some testing, the lighting channels are going to be about the same, but the A6 lighting characteristics are different, in the daytime, all of the A6 lights, even the park lights work as both indicators and brake lights. A7 park lights do not work as indicators or brake lights, but can be changed to do so if desired.

you just have to do a little testing on your A6 to see if the inside trunk mounted middle and top row LED lights are hardwired together.

once you get the hang of it, its easy, but you do have to be very careful, i only recommend experienced VCDS/Vagcom Users to try this- hit me up with any additional questions.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Vag Com Tail Lights