Who is not happy with the steering wheel software update? - AudiWorld Forums

Go Back  AudiWorld Forums > Audi Models > Audi A7 / S7 / RS 7 > A7
Reload this Page > Who is not happy with the steering wheel software update?
Notices
A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

Who is not happy with the steering wheel software update?

Reply

 
 
Old 05-14-2014, 08:50 PM
  #1
AudiWorld Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
aquarian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Eastside, WA
Posts: 1,142
Default Who is not happy with the steering wheel software update?

I never had problems with mine but the software was updated. The dynamic mode now has become what was comfort. Some might prefer the lighter steering but I don't like it at all. My tech said due to safety reasons he is not able to revert it back.

I hope Audi will have another update soon, because I really don't like driving a Caddy...
aquarian is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 05:22 AM
  #2
AudiWorld Senior Member
 
looking@audi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 797
Default

Originally Posted by aquarian View Post
I never had problems with mine but the software was updated.
What was the software update - was it done during routine maintenance?
looking@audi is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 05:31 AM
  #3
AudiWorld Super User
 
snagitseven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: SE MA
Posts: 13,789
Default

This topic already has has several threads with dozens and dozens of posts in almost all of the C7 forums. Do a search - you can't miss them.
snagitseven is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 06:27 AM
  #4
AudiWorld Member
 
CHZHD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 394
Default Just got the update last week with my 15K service...

Waaay lighter steering feel than before. The car was set to comfort mode when I left the dealership, so I thought that was the reason. But even in auto mode, it feels the same. I now have the steering set in dynamic all the time, but it is still too light for my tastes.
CHZHD is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 09:56 AM
  #5
AudiWorld Senior Member
 
looking@audi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 797
Default

Originally Posted by snagitseven View Post
This topic already has has several threads with dozens and dozens of posts in almost all of the C7 forums. Do a search - you can't miss them.
Thanks mr. grumpy - but apparently the dozens and dozens of threads are not on the entire first page of A7 forum. Guess I need to thoroughly search all the C7 forums before responding in the future.
looking@audi is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 11:15 AM
  #6
AudiWorld Super User
 
snagitseven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: SE MA
Posts: 13,789
Default

Originally Posted by looking@audi View Post
Thanks mr. grumpy - but apparently the dozens and dozens of threads are not on the entire first page of A7 forum. Guess I need to thoroughly search all the C7 forums before responding in the future.
Yup. That's why there's a search. So you can find threads and posts among the thousands that are not on the first page of a forum. BTW, my post was directed at the OP so your cute comment was unnecessary.
snagitseven is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 11:59 AM
  #7
AudiWorld Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
aquarian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Eastside, WA
Posts: 1,142
Default

Originally Posted by snagitseven View Post
Yup. That's why there's a search. So you can find threads and posts among the thousands that are not on the first page of a forum. BTW, my post was directed at the OP so your cute comment was unnecessary.
Come on, man. It wouldn't hurt to start an A7 thread about the steering wheel update, would it? Most of posts are under A6. We have A7's here.
aquarian is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 12:20 PM
  #8
AudiWorld Super User
 
snagitseven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: SE MA
Posts: 13,789
Default

Originally Posted by aquarian View Post
Come on, man. It wouldn't hurt to start an A7 thread about the steering wheel update, would it? Most of posts are under A6. We have A7's here.
I was simply pointing out that there were several threads already on the subject (including a couple on this forum) that you might find useful to answer your original question. It's true that the most comments are over at the A6 forum but the electric steering system and update are shared by all C7s.
snagitseven is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 12:28 PM
  #9
AudiWorld Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
aquarian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Eastside, WA
Posts: 1,142
Default

Originally Posted by snagitseven View Post
I was simply pointing out that there were several threads already on the subject (including a couple on this forum) that you might find useful to answer your original question. It's true that the most comments are over at the A6 forum but the electric steering system and update are shared by all C7s.
The electric steering updates were involved with many other models as well. You can't simply group A7's and A6's together. If you think all A7 owners will read the stuff in the A6 section, you are wrong.

I have already read numerous posts, if not all, from the A6 section and have even posted a reply https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho...teering+update which nobody answered/replied. Is this that serious when I decided to start another thread within the A7 when nobody cares about the A6 steering update anymore?

Maybe, just maybe, it might be a good idea to combine C7 A6 and A7 into 1 section.
aquarian is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 01:20 PM
  #10
AudiWorld Super User
 
snagitseven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: SE MA
Posts: 13,789
Default

Originally Posted by aquarian View Post
...You can't simply group A7's and A6's together.

...Maybe, just maybe, it might be a good idea to combine C7 A6 and A7 into 1 section.
I guess I'm confused by these comments...

In any case, it was requested awhile ago by many A7, S6 and S7 member owners to split them off from one C7 forum to their own model so the Admin did just that.

You might be surprised at how many owners of the different C7 models browse and post in all four of the forums since there is so much in common with the models. As I'm running around monitoring many different forums as an AW moderator, I see this almost every day.
snagitseven is offline  
Reply With Quote
 
 
 

Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
IntheQ5
Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion
27
06-09-2016 12:37 PM
mrprism133
Audi 90 / 80 / Coupe quattro / Cabriolet
7
09-07-2015 07:22 PM
carl viking
Vehicles For Sale
1
09-05-2015 05:31 AM
Curtisjh
A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion
7
09-04-2015 04:06 AM
stormchaser1967
Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8)
0
09-02-2015 08:48 AM

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 06:09 PM.


 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: