A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

Why my spoiler drops when I reach around 60 - 70 mph?

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2019, 11:41 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why my spoiler drops when I reach around 60 - 70 mph?

When I raise my spoiler manually and i reach around 60 or 70 mph , the button light turns off. I assume that the spoiler automatically drops, because I can not see it when I am driving and when i stop the car its not raised.Do you have the same problem? And do you now how can I actually set the spoiler to be raised all the time when I drive?
Old 07-14-2019, 03:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If you raise your spoiler manually, as you stated you can see the light activated, when the light is no longer active it means that its back in auto mode and that happens when you reach 84+ MPH; not sure why yours is activating around 70 though. With that being said, since it went back into auto mode, when your car came to around 40/35MPH it lowers automatically which is why when you came to a stop (or parked) it is no longer raised.

I have not seen anyone actually be able to change when the spoiler raises (using settings, tunes, VCDS, etc) or disable the auto function of raising/lowering.
The following users liked this post:
Iliyan Dalakchiev (07-15-2019)
Old 07-14-2019, 07:10 AM
Audi Enthusiast

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Iliyan Dalakchiev
When I raise my spoiler manually and i reach around 60 or 70 mph , the button light turns off. I assume that the spoiler automatically drops, because I can not see it when I am driving and when i stop the car its not raised.Do you have the same problem? And do you now how can I actually set the spoiler to be raised all the time when I drive?
Nope, but I don't know why you want it raised all the time. Stop Driving With Your Spoiler Permanently Up
The following 2 users liked this post by SpectreGadget:
deabionni (07-17-2019), Iliyan Dalakchiev (07-15-2019)
Old 07-14-2019, 09:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 52 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by SpectreGadget
Nope, but I don't know why you want it raised all the time. Stop Driving With Your Spoiler Permanently Up
Good article. Wife's TTS has an automatic spoiler. We just leave it in the auto position so never really notice it one way or the other. She hates spoilers and would not have bought the car if it had a fixed spoiler.
Old 07-15-2019, 02:44 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How does one raise the spoiler manually? I have a 2016 A7 tdi
Old 07-15-2019, 03:59 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 52 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by orangeokie
TTS has a manual/auto switch.
Old 07-15-2019, 06:30 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by orangeokie
You have the press the spoiler button and hold it for 2-3 seconds and you will see it lift and the light comes on for that particular spoiler button. Its on the dash on the right side near the traction control OFF button. To manually close that spoiler in the city before parking or going into car wash, you have to press that spoiler button 2-3 seconds and wait for it to retract otherwise it will go back up.
Old 07-15-2019, 06:33 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by tuscani66
If you raise your spoiler manually, as you stated you can see the light activated, when the light is no longer active it means that its back in auto mode and that happens when you reach 84+ MPH; not sure why yours is activating around 70 though. With that being said, since it went back into auto mode, when your car came to around 40/35MPH it lowers automatically which is why when you came to a stop (or parked) it is no longer raised.

I have not seen anyone actually be able to change when the spoiler raises (using settings, tunes, VCDS, etc) or disable the auto function of raising/lowering.
Even I tried to figure this out on the OBDElevent to decrease the speed which its activates from 84 mph (god knows why they chose this speed) to around 75 mph
Old 07-15-2019, 07:53 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Baloo588

You have the press the spoiler button and hold it for 2-3 seconds and you will see it lift and the light comes on for that particular spoiler button. Its on the dash on the right side near the traction control OFF button. To manually close that spoiler in the city before parking or going into car wash, you have to press that spoiler button 2-3 seconds and wait for it to retract otherwise it will go back up.
Thanks Baloo. I need to be more curious about all the functions.
Old 07-15-2019, 10:40 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you. I checked that with second car. Everything is just as you said.

Quick Reply: Why my spoiler drops when I reach around 60 - 70 mph?