A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

2019 A7 - One Week Owned and Many Questions.

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2019, 11:08 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2019 A7 - One Week Owned and Many Questions.

Hello all,

I bought my 2019 A7 Prestige one week ago and things are happening. I need to know if I should be concerned..thanks in advance.

1. Driving low speed, such as in traffic or between stop signs, the car jerks around no matter how smooth I am on the pedal. It will down shift and halt the car with the slightest release of the pedal and then almost be in this limbo between accelerate or not when I'm gradually pressing down. Is this the norm?.. because it's not acceptable in my opinion. Comfort Drive mode.

2. Parking cameras displayed all black screen. Turned car off and on and did same thing. Worked fine the next day. What the heck car has less than 1k miles.

3. B&O advanced 3D sound is great..but at certain notes the car rattles tremendously. This is very obvious when I'm listening to a radio show or podcast and the male speaker talks in that particular tone that rattles half the car ...when he's literally talking. Bass, sub and treble all at normal levels with normal volumes. Seems to be coming from passenger side or center console area (behind the screens).

4. How do I get the speed limit on the Gage cluster when I'm dislaying maps? It shows the SL on the main MMI screen at the bottom when I have maps up, but not on the cluster or HUD? I don't have the driver assist package with the giant cameras on the grill.. but I mean, it works on the center MMI sooo?

Thanks for the help. Taking into dealer soon would like everyone's thoughts and if it's also happening to them.
Old 07-04-2019, 06:06 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

To answer your questions:

1. I had a loaner 2019 A7 when my 2016 a7 was in for service and that new A7 had only 400 miles and it shifted smooth as butter in comfort and dynamic. I would have them refresh the ECU for the tranny or update it if they have a new software since its not normal for it yo lurch.

2. Thats a software glitch, have them scan the MMI asap to get the reason for it not showing the parking cameras.

3. I get that rattle at high treble on my 2016 A7 and what you need to do is try to adjust the treble back to midrange and lower and if it doesn't work, they can do a vibration analysis tool to see which speaker is lose or subwoofer is causing that noise.

All this issues are small but don't be alarmed, they are straightforward things to rectify.
Old 07-05-2019, 06:12 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

My A7's shifting is also buttery smooth. In fact for a dual clutch gear box (USA market) is shockingly smooth.

Agree with Baloo588 on scanning the MMI. Audi might have a patch for that.

No rattles from my 3D Adv B&O system and I really crank it. Try and isolate the location by moving the fader and balance around. Might wan to have a spouse/buddy drive the car while you search for a location. I've done that on previous cars

For the speed limit someone correct me if I'm wrong on this.... With the Drivers Assistance package you get the traffic sign recognition and the MMI and the gage cluster show that the current SL is based on what the car is seeing on the road. Without this you just get the SL in the MMI based on what the maps have stored at the SL at that location when the maps where made.
The following 2 users liked this post by chicagoA6:
Alphatero (07-05-2019), ParkslopeDope (01-01-2021)
Old 07-17-2019, 05:47 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had the parking cameras go out on day 2. I was already going to the dealership to drop off the title for the last car. They just restarted MMI by holding down the volume **** near the gear shift. I wasn’t happy that it went out less than 24 hours after buying it. Good thing was it saved the garage door settings which was the biggest pain to program.
Old 01-18-2020, 09:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Peter Eastin
Hello all,

I bought my 2019 A7 Prestige one week ago and things are happening. I need to know if I should be concerned..thanks in advance.

1. Driving low speed, such as in traffic or between stop signs, the car jerks around no matter how smooth I am on the pedal. It will down shift and halt the car with the slightest release of the pedal and then almost be in this limbo between accelerate or not when I'm gradually pressing down. Is this the norm?.. because it's not acceptable in my opinion. Comfort Drive mode.

2. Parking cameras displayed all black screen. Turned car off and on and did same thing. Worked fine the next day. What the heck car has less than 1k miles.

3. B&O advanced 3D sound is great..but at certain notes the car rattles tremendously. This is very obvious when I'm listening to a radio show or podcast and the male speaker talks in that particular tone that rattles half the car ...when he's literally talking. Bass, sub and treble all at normal levels with normal volumes. Seems to be coming from passenger side or center console area (behind the screens).

4. How do I get the speed limit on the Gage cluster when I'm dislaying maps? It shows the SL on the main MMI screen at the bottom when I have maps up, but not on the cluster or HUD? I don't have the driver assist package with the giant cameras on the grill.. but I mean, it works on the center MMI sooo?

Thanks for the help. Taking into dealer soon would like everyone's thoughts and if it's also happening to them.
About the speaker rattle I'm an audiophile so it bothered me though to do my own analysis. It's from harmonics from mid range sounds like voices. Tbh I think it's a design or quality issue.

Find a song and repeat the issue. For me, I played the first few seconds of "Closer" by Chainsmokers and it was repeatable and the dealership fixed it right away.
Old 01-18-2020, 02:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Offaxis
... Good thing was it saved the garage door settings which was the biggest pain to program.
To the Original Poster:
Mine is smooth as well, much smoother than my prior A8... definitely a dealer visit is in your future...

Re Offaxis:
"Good thing was it saved the garage door settings which was the biggest pain to program".
Can anyone else confirm that after a MMI reset, the Homelink garage door settings are preserved? I would like to do a MMI re-set but since my opener has a rolling code, I similarly dread having to scramble up and down a ladder trying to complete a re-program of the Homelink within its limited allotted time. Without knowing for certain, it's enough to make me avoid trying the MMI re-set altogether.

Thanks in advance