A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

2019 A7 Order is in

Old 08-22-2018, 02:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default 2019 A7 Order is in

My order for a 2019 A7 Prestige is in. Dealer had 3 slots, got the last one. Delivery is expected in 3-4 months

Gonna be a LOOOONG 3-4 months!
Old 08-22-2018, 05:16 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Alphatero
My order for a 2019 A7 Prestige is in. Dealer had 3 slots, got the last one. Delivery is expected in 3-4 months
!
Details, details!! The shared joy can be found in the details!
Old 08-23-2018, 04:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by doctorharrison
Details, details!! The shared joy can be found in the details!
OK, here ya go:
2019 A7, Prestige Package, Vesuvius Gray, Black Interior

Now you guys are probably saying "What a cheap piece of, well cheapskate, that he didn't get any of the option packages for this beautiful car!"
It actually has nothing to do with being cheap. Here the details of my thinking, YMMV:

Driver Assistance Package - I live in NJ and haven't turned on my cruise control in 30 years. And I can stay in my own lane by myself. So not necessary
Cold Weather Package - car is garaged, wheel is warm and nobody sits in the backseat. Not necessary
Contour Seats - I am one of the few people who is actually very comfortable in my A6 standard seats. And if I want a massage I go to a massage parlor. So again, not necessary
3D stereo - Again, my A6 has the Bose and I've enjoyed it just fine for 5 years. I'm sure the regular Harmon Kardon (I meant B&O) will be fine too.
S Line - Ah, now here we had a problem. I really wanted Daytona Gray and was fully prepared to get the S Line package in order to do so. But the S Line requires an upgrade to 20 or 21" tires. I drive my A6 on 19" wheels and on these crappy roads that is as big as I want to go on a car tire. So I reluctantly decided on the Vesuvius instead and skipped the cool stuff that comes with S Line

And that's the list. Again, you may not agree, but I thought everything through pretty carefully. The Prestige Package gives me all the bells and whistles that I am looking for.

Last edited by Alphatero; 08-24-2018 at 10:35 AM.
Old 08-23-2018, 12:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK, here ya go:
2019 A7, Prestige Package, Vesuvius Gray, Black Interior.
Congrats on the order. Sounds like it will be great. I have been waiting patiently, or maybe impatiently, for the 2019's to arrive at the dealers so I can experience them in person before deciding. My current Acura is 10 years old and am ready to move up to an Audi.

Enjoy and let us know when you get it.
Old 08-23-2018, 03:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

The Prestige A7 has "Bang & Olufsen® sound system with 3D sound" which is excellent overall.

The optional "3D Bang & Olufsen Advanced Sound System" seems to be meant for true audiophiles only, who can appreciate it!
Old 08-25-2018, 11:11 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Just ordered the 2019 A7

Gonna be a LOOOONG 3-4 months!
I remember the wait when I bought my 2015 A7.
My current vehicle is a 2015 A7 Prestige, Quartz Gray Metallic, Nougat Brown interior, Black Headliner, Sport package, 20" wheel package
My wife has a 2018 A5 Cabriolet Prestige

My Configuration:
2019 A7 Prestige, Vesuvius Gray, Black Interior, Fine Grain Ash Gray/Brown Neutral inlays,
Driver Assistance
Countour Seating Package
S Line Package
21" 5V Spoke Wheels
3D Band & Olufsen Advanced Sound System with DVD Player
Black Cloth Headliner
Paint protection, cargo mat, and Audi Beam-Rings ​​​​​​all 4 lower door trim LED Lights

I had to choose the exterior paint and inlays sight unseen. Has anyone seen the Vesuvius Paint and the inlays?, they are new for 2019.
Old 08-27-2018, 09:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Flaudiman
My current vehicle is a 2015 A7 Prestige, Quartz Gray Metallic, Nougat Brown interior, Black Headliner, Sport package, 20" wheel package

My Configuration:
2019 A7 Prestige, Vesuvius Gray, Black Interior, Fine Grain Ash Gray/Brown Neutral inlays,
Driver Assistance
Countour Seating Package
S Line Package
21" 5V Spoke Wheels
Black Cloth Headliner
Paint protection, cargo mat, and Audi Beam-Rings ​​​​​​all 4 lower door trim LED Lights

I had to choose the exterior paint and inlays sight unseen. Has anyone seen the Vesuvius Paint and the inlays?, they are new for 2019.
I'm just curious - since you are getting the S Line package, why not get Daytona Gray which is only available with that package? Much more exclusive color. That's the one I wanted. I havent seen Vesuvius in person, but it looks the closest to Daytona.

Also,I think I envy those Florida roads of yours that allow you to get 21" wheels without worrying about blowing a tire in one of our NJ potholes!!
Old 08-27-2018, 03:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Discount?

I'm curious, what type if discount are you getting off of MSRP? I didn't know if since it is early in a new release if they are dealing much or if they are putting good deals out there to get some on the street.

Thanks
Old 08-27-2018, 04:30 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

I'm still targeted for a 9/24 build, but here is my config

2019 A7 Prestige, Mythos Black, Black Interior, Fine Grain Ash Gray
Driver Assistance
Cold Weather
Individual Contour Seating Package
S Line Package
20" Double-V-Spoke All-Season (Chicago!)

I'm glad I selected the 3D B&O as I was just in Germany and rented a MB S63 AMG Coupe with the Burmester system and was blown away. I can only hope the 3D B&O is as good .

Post delivery will get a coating and wrap to protect
Old 08-28-2018, 12:09 PM
AA7
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Flaudiman

My Configuration:
Driver Assistance
Countour Seating Package
S Line Package
21" 5V Spoke Wheels
Black Cloth Headliner

Anyone that chose Individual Contour Seating Package actually gets 98M in order guide which is technically Achat Gray Fine Grain Birch Natural Wood inlays as it is required with the contour seating. It is different than Fine Grain Ash/Brown Natural b/c you can see the difference between the 2 inlays in Europe or UK configurators. I think the contour package inlay is the same inlay that 2018 A7 and A6s currently offer; you should be able to find some pictures online for those. Vesuvius gray is new but it seems like a very dark gray, which will probably end up being like Manhattan Gray if not darker. Here is a good video for Vesuvius Gray in case you have not seen it...

My order is
2019 A7 Premium Plus, Daytona Gray, Achat Gray Fine Grain inlays, Pearl Beige interior
S-line, contour seating, warm weather, cold weather, 20'' wheels

Initially I wanted the Triton Blue but even though order guide says it's available in s-line, it actually is not. In the end, I went with Daytona gray after deliberating between Vesuvius and Daytona for what most probably would consider to be an unnecessary amount of long time

I have no idea my production date etc even though they gave me a build/comm number. My dealer requires lot of nudging and pushing as they are not very informative. Do you guys know if there is any way to track the orders?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2019 A7 Order is in