A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

2019 A7 Order is in

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2018, 12:39 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pagla6
Both me and the dealer were only referring to the new, C8 version.

I sincerely hope it is not true for US since this powertrain is also shared by A8 and Q8.
A guy in this thread has been checking on the EPA testing, according to him only one 2019 Audi has been approved for sale in the US as of yesterday. Hopefully something clears soon but looking at everything out there it seems like it will be quite awhile until we see 2019's built and available. Then again, it could all just be bad suppositions.

"Checked again and the EPA released another run of data and MY 2019 vehicles today (9/21). The list is now 847 lines long of approved specific car configurations. Only one single Audi has now been approved so far, the Q7 with a 3.0T motor. Certainly no sign of the new launch ones on the list like D5 or C8 models. The Beetle and Jetta got through in a few forms for VW, but that's it. Likewise Porsche has its "sports cars" largely through, but none of the front motor ones like SUV's, Panny etc.--the Audi sister and cousin ones basically. You can only tell which ones are cleared, so unknown if many Audi's, VW's and Porsche's are in there and bottlenecked, submitted late, or not submitted or pulled. Given the 847 lines from every Tom Dick and Harry model in the car biz, seems increasingly that they are now way late for the party and/or maybe in some kind of penalty box or other weird scenario."

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a8-...tinue-2957151/

Old 09-28-2018, 10:24 AM
AA7
Audiworld Junior Member

Anybody hearing news on their order or getting updates? or even anyone that got delivery in US so far?
Old 09-30-2018, 09:03 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

My dealer update from last week was I have a confirmed build week of 10/14 (meaning built that week) and completed 10/20. From that point the port (I assume Houston) arrival is estimated to be 11/26. That's for a US delivery.
Old 10-01-2018, 01:40 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 490 Likes on 334 Posts

Originally Posted by pagla6
There have been some disturbing news re: EPA certifications of new Audi/VW group powertrains.

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a8-...tinue-2957151/

I was in Lucerne Switzerland last month and the Audi dealer had only 1 A7. He told me that they were allowed to sell it but can't get or order any others for a year or more as Swiss DOT had pulled the certification for emission.

He seemed reluctant to provide any more details and I have not made any attempts to investigate veracity of this info. The lack of EPA certification so far is concerning.
That information is incorrect.

Prior to 1st September, EU models could be sold using old NEDC (similar to EPA) drive cycle certification with a factor applied to give a WLTP (new world wide, except the US, drive cycle standard). But from 1st September Euro 6C comes into affect which requires WLTP certification. Which almost no cars have, as early next year Euro 6D-TEMP becomes the new standard, and so that is how new cars are being certified. The new tests are very rigorous, Audi have a huge product range in terms of models and variants within models, and there is a massive backlog for certification and there are limited testing facilities. What Audi have done is prioritise their diesel engines, followed by 4 cylinder gasoline engines, in the Euro 6D-TEMP queue. The new Vee gasoline engines have been put at the back of the queue.

Audi released the C8 A7 with the EA838 3.0 TFSI (55 version), and the Lucerne dealer would have received one of those. The 3.0 TDI (50 version) has now been released, as it has received Euro 6D-TEMP, and the dealer can sell as many of those as he likes. Audi AG has stopped production of the 55 version for European markets, and many others around the world. The 3.0TFSI version is expected to be certified some time in the first half of next year. But models like the A7 and A8 with 6 cylinder gasoline engines are not big sellers, anywhere. Priority will be given to other models, particularly those starting with a Q.

And Switzerland is not in the EU, but uses EU certification standards. They don't do their own certification tests, and they haven't "failed" the 3.0TFSI engine. The other post was referring to an issue with the pre Euro 6D-TEMP certified 3.0TDI fitted to the C7 A6 and A7, and very few cars were affected. And each market within Europe has a degree of flexibility as to how they interpret a model date and which certification standard applies. Germany is the most strict, and as a result all S and RS models have been withdrawn from sale there, and the only gasoline engines available for sale are some of the 4 cylinder versions. Whereas in Switzerland, by example, you can still buy S and RS models using the new EA838/839 turbocharged V6 engines. Which is contrary to what Swiss dealers were told earlier in the year by their distributor (which is not owned by Audi).

So it is a complex situation that varies from market to market, and there is much confusion as to what is going on. If Audi AG had a plan, I suspect they are on version 8 by now. It is a disorganised mess, and frankly, disgraceful. Management seems to be either absent, or pre-occupied, and I am talking VAG, not just Audi.

But the short answer is none of these EU /WLTP certification issues have any direct affect on North American cars. But there is an indirect affect in terms of production scheduling at Neckarsulm (and Inglostadt for other models). Look at North American port release threads on any of the other new model Audi forum sections and there are always delays due to certification. Perhaps Audi weren't starting the process soon enough, or the EPA were taking their time. Either way, you would hope that Audi would keep their dealer group informed of progress, but communication doesn't always seem their strong suit? There is going to be a shortfall in sales in the European region for the last half of 2018, and Europe accounts for 45% of Audi sales. They need to sell every car they can in North America (around 15% of sales) to offset the volume decline, So hopefully they are focussing their resources on streamlining the North American order/production/shipping/release logistics process with some urgency.
Old 10-01-2018, 04:52 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Thanks for posting and this echoes what my dealer has been saying for the last 6 months.

I was told that Audi of America recently staffed up a group out of Herndon,VA to just focus on getting the vehicles through the ports and into dealer hands faster
Old 10-01-2018, 06:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

The latest e-mail from Audi says that my A7 is in "production"

My dealer says that it should be in the first wave of deliveries they receive in mid-late November.
Old 10-11-2018, 11:24 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I have not heard much in the forum in regards to production and delivery. On October 2nd, my dealer told me "Your A7 is scheduled to be transported from Germany this month arriving next month. Production is complete". Has anyone else received an update? I never did get access to a website others have mentioned.
Old 10-11-2018, 11:38 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I was just told by dealer that they were informed somehow that my A7 will be complete on 10/25, delivered early Dec , in Maryland.... but I have received nothing from that "owner in waiting" thing, nothing.... Ordered 9/17.... They are telling me that I should start getting emails once it is built, which seems odd to me, but I dunno
Old 10-11-2018, 11:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mine has been in transport since September 29th. It is scheduled to arrive here before the end of this month. I am not from the states though
Old 10-11-2018, 11:40 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

when did you start getting owner in waiting emails? before, during or after build?

Quick Reply: 2019 A7 Order is in