A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

2019 A7 Order is in

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2018, 02:52 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Picked it up yesterday, and got hit with a snowstorm today. One comment - I have more fingerprints on the screen than I do miles on the car.
Old 11-16-2018, 05:53 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dude that snow storm was brutal. Normally a 45 commute took over 4 hours. However, the car handled like a beast!! I would see tons of cars stuck on the side of ramps and on the highway (especially a lot of BMW's lol). This car just powered through and not once did it slip. Its unfortunate because I didn't get to take pictures on my DSLR before it got dirty from the snow. I attached a few I took from my phone, but will wash the car and take some nice ones from my good camera this weekend.

(also anyone know what type of mount to use for the rearview mirror on a uniden R3 radar detector?)

Old 11-16-2018, 07:50 AM
AA7
Audiworld Junior Member

NGodhani - Congrats! Great looking car. Keep posting pics guys.. Helps with the wait
Old 11-16-2018, 01:03 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

NGodhani - SO FINE! I cannot wait til I get mine. Definitely, keep posting pics as ya'll get delivery.
Old 11-16-2018, 06:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Here's a cute trick that Audi pulled with the 2019's: The SIM card for the Audi connect (which used to be removable) is now IMBEDDED in the system and thus cannot be replaced. That means we are stuck with ATT service when the 6 months freebie runs out. So no more Truphone or any of the other reasonable alternatives.
Old 11-17-2018, 02:58 AM
AA7
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by NGodhani
Dude that snow storm was brutal. Normally a 45 commute took over 4 hours. However, the car handled like a beast!! I would see tons of cars stuck on the side of ramps and on the highway (especially a lot of BMW's lol). This car just powered through and not once did it slip. Its unfortunate because I didn't get to take pictures on my DSLR before it got dirty from the snow. I attached a few I took from my phone, but will wash the car and take some nice ones from my good camera this weekend.

(also anyone know what type of mount to use for the rearview mirror on a uniden R3 radar detector?)

NGodhani - question... what is that yellow strip on the headlights? I have never seen that before on any A7

edit - actually now that I am looking at some pics.. that is US thing.. uk configurator vs us down below...

why did they add that in US??

Last edited by AA7; 11-17-2018 at 03:13 AM.
Old 11-17-2018, 05:20 AM
AA7
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by AA7
NGodhani - question... what is that yellow strip on the headlights? I have never seen that before on any A7

edit - actually now that I am looking at some pics.. that is US thing.. uk configurator vs us down below...

why did they add that in US??
nevermind all. Its a DOT regulation. It's funny I never noticed all these years.
Old 11-17-2018, 07:08 AM
AA7
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by AA7
nevermind all. Its a DOT regulation. It's funny I never noticed all these years.
I guess they could have put a small strip of reflector instead of a giant ugly one into the headlight. Thats how it was in previous A7
Old 11-17-2018, 08:12 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Alphatero
Here's a cute trick that Audi pulled with the 2019's: The SIM card for the Audi connect (which used to be removable) is now IMBEDDED in the system and thus cannot be replaced. That means we are stuck with ATT service when the 6 months freebie runs out. So no more Truphone or any of the other reasonable alternatives.
I was wrong; it is an at&t exclusive Sim card. Pretty weak on Audi's part.

Last edited by Druna0974; 11-18-2018 at 07:54 AM.
Old 11-17-2018, 09:44 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

AA7 is right. US DOT regulations require the yellow side marker. Ugly as heck... On my Porsche its a standalone light so I swapped them out for clear markers, but it appears on the new A7 to be integrated into the main light housing.

Enjoying all the pictures and comments... Keep 'em coming!

Quick Reply: 2019 A7 Order is in