A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

A7 Difference in EU vs US Availability of 2019 MY Adaptive Air Suspension

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2018, 08:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Default A7 Difference in EU vs US Availability of 2019 MY Adaptive Air Suspension

2019 A7/C8 Specific

Regarding the A7’s 2019 MY Adaptive Air Suspension, it appears as an orderable a la carte item in Europe, but nowhere in the US Order Guide does it appear as available for A7 models (even Prestige), and only for the A8 Model.
I must assume it will appear for the S Series, typical modus operandi by Audi Corporate to drive the purchaser towards higher cost series and options within those series.

For Reference:
1). Audi of America Model Year 2019 Order Guide can be found at
https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a4-...2948797/page6/

see Thread #60, Page 6 for the Order Guide download itself.
[I am aware there is no pricing listed whatsoever nor any information regarding S Series/RS models]

-and-

2). European/Ireland Product Guide can be found at:

http://www.audi.ie/dam/nemo/ie/Downl...duct-guide.pdf

Scroll halfway down the brochure pdf, to just below Exterior Colour Options, to A7 Option Equipment and Item 1BK is described as “Adaptive Air Suspension, electronically controlled air suspension with infinitely variable adaptive damping system for all 4 wheels; automatically regulates ride height and damping; includes self-leveling suspension and manual lift function … Choice of various modes via Audi drive select ” which I assume is referencing the Comfort/Dynamic/Automatic/Individual drive modes.

Does anyone have any helpful accurate concrete (and not speculative) information as to Suspension Options for the US configurable A7, and hopefully can also provide current and active links for reference…

Thanks in advance,

If any one can link the US 2019 Actual A7 Order Guide with packages, options and pricing, I'd be forever grateful.

Last edited by doctorharrison; 07-30-2018 at 12:20 PM.
Old 07-30-2018, 10:23 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,091 Likes on 770 Posts

Launch cars do not have it available. I think you'll find that will change down the road

The only US Launch car which offers it is the A8 at this time
Old 07-30-2018, 10:47 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

SCarGuy is correct. The US Order Guide is what is available correctly. I placed my order and expected delivery mid-October. I ordered the S-Line package which includes the Sport Suspension
Old 07-30-2018, 12:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by chicagoA6
SCarGuy is correct. The US Order Guide is what is available correctly. I placed my order and expected delivery mid-October. I ordered the S-Line package which includes the Sport Suspension
If you were able to order a 2019 A7, the dealers must have pricing information from Audi.

Were you able to get pricing info. for your build and different options?
Old 07-30-2018, 12:50 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by pagla6
If you were able to order a 2019 A7, the dealers must have pricing information from Audi.

Were you able to get pricing info. for your build and different options?
ordering has nothing to do with pricing in the automotive world

initial allocations were already granted, launch car specifics are set, but there are no dollars associated yet. I expect pricing next month. A8 pricing is announced, but that's it. That build guide was live for about 45 days or so before pricing was announced.
Old 07-30-2018, 01:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

You are braver than I am. I want to order as early as possible, but I will not do so until I see the pricing. There are too many variables on the new model that I have to see before I can do a proper build. And quite frankly, if they jack the pricing difference between the A6 and A7 to even greater levels than they have been historically, I will think about getting another A6. But I REALLY want an A7
Old 07-30-2018, 03:36 PM
AA7
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ordered the same s-line package....from pictures and videos i like the exterior look of s-line package significantly better.

Although no one really told me an estimated arrival date officially, the dealer did say somewhere around mid-october as well.

As far as pricing goes, what i am told by dealer is that they expect that it will probably be around 2-3% increase from 2018 A7 (that has been their experience when a new model comes out usually). That actually also seems to be consistent with UK pricing which is already available...
Old 07-30-2018, 05:03 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by SCarGuy
ordering has nothing to do with pricing in the automotive world

initial allocations were already granted, launch car specifics are set, but there are no dollars associated yet. I expect pricing next month. A8 pricing is announced, but that's it. That build guide was live for about 45 days or so before pricing was announced.
SCarGuy right again. No pricing yet, but I totally trust my dealer. Not concerned
Old 08-09-2018, 08:18 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Alphatero
You are braver than I am. I want to order as early as possible, but I will not do so until I see the pricing. There are too many variables on the new model that I have to see before I can do a proper build. And quite frankly, if they jack the pricing difference between the A6 and A7 to even greater levels than they have been historically, I will think about getting another A6. But I REALLY want an A7
I won't order unless I test ride it and the initial issues are weeded out. I like the A7 but if the price difference between A6 and A7 is too high, I might also go with the A6.
Old 08-09-2018, 08:23 AM
AudiWorld Super User

A7 Pricing is now available.

A6 is still pending

Quick Reply: A7 Difference in EU vs US Availability of 2019 MY Adaptive Air Suspension