A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

A7 walk through

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2018, 08:45 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts
Default A7 walk through

For those that want to geek-out on the new A7 see this link for a 20+ minute walk-through on the car. Keep in mind that the car is at a dealership in the Netherlands so obviously option packages will vary based on geographic markets, but this is the 3.0L turbo engine that will be available in the US/Canada markets @ 340 HP. The presenter refers to it as supercharged, but I assume he's mistaken.

I'm still not in love with the exterior, but its growing on me. In the video he shows the lighting effects that the car does on entry and exit. It's a bit discotheque, but nevertheless entertaining.

The interior is where the action is. Proximity sensors on some of the switch-gear is cool and the interior lighting is impressive. The touchscreen seems very responsive to touch inputs. I like how the panoramic sunroof retracts over the roof-line to allow more head room for the backseat. Seat design is interesting with the inserts and stitching. HUD is much smaller.

He briefly starts the engine and revs it up, but not much to say here. Really no different in sound than our current models.

Only thing that shocked me was the 128K Euro price tag. Granted I'm not sure about taxes/duties/etc... for petro cars in the Netherlands so hard to judge what this means for the US/Canada markets. Plus this car was heavily optioned out and not all those options may be available in all markets.

Enjoy... Its worth a drink to sit back and watch.
Old 02-09-2018, 06:48 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

When I first saw the new Q7, I was disappointed too but it turned out to be a gem. I am hoping the same with A7. I was waiting for this new version for the past 2 years. I am so glad Audi finally abandoned its non-sense MMI non touch screen based console. Touch screen is the way to go. Those who don't like touch screen should abandon their touch screen phones too else they are out of touch with reality. I am not surprised by the 128K price tag in Europe. Europe is not a place to own a car. I am hoping they price the A7 reasonably in the US just like they did for the Q7. If they do that, this will be another Q7 like hit and will leave the BMW and Mercedes biting dust.