AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   A7 (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a7-224/)
-   -   Audi amber light (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a7-224/audi-amber-light-2964054/)

DB22 12-15-2018 11:19 AM

Audi amber light

I just looked at the A7 on the road and noticed the traveling light indicators in the rear. They screwed up by using the dumb red indicator color instead of the safer amber color. The argument that the traveling indicators do not have enough surface area must be BS as the sequence starts off with only one light and then progresses. I therefore don’t understand why Audi just doesn’t save the redesign and retooling necessary and just use the superior lights from the ROW. We shouldn’t have to wait for the useless authorities to mandate the safer systems even though by their own findings, they agree that the amber is safer. Many people have spent thousands on upgrading their Audi’s to have the amber traveling and it would save everybody that outlay if they only produced the one system.

DB22 12-20-2018 11:31 AM

Judging by the lack of responses I must assume that everyone buying, or looking at buying, is happy with the ridiculous red turn signals?

jrjunior31 01-05-2019 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by DB22 (Post 25251102)
Judging by the lack of responses I must assume that everyone buying, or looking at buying, is happy with the ridiculous red turn signals?

Q8 has red as well, the amber looks a lot better!

SCarGuy 01-05-2019 01:08 PM

everyone drives from the inside, so not sure how many people are noticing this in the first place on their own car...let alone enough to care

is amber nicer? maybe. Or, maybe it's one of those things that because it's different (ie not what we get as standard), it's somehow "cooler"...idk

it's simply due to cost, and I guess Audi, like any other brand I can think of save for the super exotics (where price is not part of the equation generally), decided that the market won't absorb the cost.

The euro lights are available for sale for those small %of people who must have them though

DB22 03-19-2019 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by SCarGuy (Post 25257580)
everyone drives from the inside, so not sure how many people are noticing this in the first place on their own car...let alone enough to care

is amber nicer? maybe. Or, maybe it's one of those things that because it's different (ie not what we get as standard), it's somehow "cooler"...idk

it's simply due to cost, and I guess Audi, like any other brand I can think of save for the super exotics (where price is not part of the equation generally), decided that the market won't absorb the cost.

The euro lights are available for sale for those small %of people who must have them though

You drive from the inside, yes, but don’t you want others to know your intention? Have you not noticed the immediate recognition by other drivers who have amber that it gives you more time to react?
It’s cheaper for Audi to use the real lights in the USA because they have already designed them for the ROW. It’s only the USA that allows red because GM used them in the sixties and since then people are too dumb to realize their value. Driving in the USA is a chore, the ROW considered in an art an besides, the US drivers are too dumb to use them.