AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   A7 (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a7-224/)
-   -   Configurator Updated (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a7-224/configurator-updated-2963553/)

chicagoA6 12-05-2018 11:04 AM

Configurator Updated

On AudiUSA.com they have updated the configuator with more options. Contour Seats and 20" All-Season are shown. They are still not showing the S-Line package as a standalone option. That's still only added if you select the 21" Wheels.

My car with contour, 20", S-Line, etc... is still in Port of Houston awaiting shipment to my dealer.

doctorharrison 12-06-2018 08:55 AM

[QUOTE=chicagoA6;25244988] the S-Line package as a standalone option. That's still only added if you select the 21" Wheels.

Partially True. Correct in that the S-Line option is not standalone. It does rule out the Dark Brown Walnut Inlay trim, but the S-Line can be combined with the 20" wheel and the Contour/Comfort Seats. I found that if you first select the 20" wheel option (do not select the Daytona Grey prior to this), then when the Contour seat option is selected, it requires accepting the S-Line package, and only then select color, in my case Daytona Grey... Convoluted I know, and the Configurator is still far from what it ought be. Why Audi does not fix this as a priority is beyond me. It must be a primary point of contact for any potential customer.

And still no already available-in-Europe options such as Black Optics, Adaptive Air nor Dynamic Steering... C'mon Audi, we want to give you more money with each completed sale, wake up...

doctorharrison 12-10-2018 02:41 PM

and now (10 December) it seems Daytona Grey has gone missing. Unbelievable...

chicagoA6 12-10-2018 03:17 PM

I saw that also.... I fail to understand why Audi USA continues to water down the A7 launch. The new CLS will be launched shortly....

Baloo588 12-10-2018 10:09 PM

I dont understand why they wont let me choose Typhoon grey for the 20 inch S-line package...its still too restricted and it doesnt have the full chrome grill like the euro models do for the s-line package.. I dont like daytona grey which is too dark and floret silver which is too light. Typhoon grey is medium and like my Tornado grey on my 2016 A7. Sorry Audi you really messed up the launch and limiting the options.

doctorharrison 12-11-2018 03:15 AM

Originally Posted by Baloo588 (Post 25247128)
Sorry Audi you really messed up the launch and limiting the options.

Agreed, but I would bet the Configurator is more likely the culprit. For example, since launch in the U.S., it has been possible to order Contour/Comfort seats upon sit-down at the dealership (though requiring the S-Line option package as always), yet the option only appeared as a build option in the Configurator in the past week.

The Configurator is still a work in progress, though that is being too kind...