A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

Initial Impressions

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2018, 11:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Chicago A6, I look forward to your pictures when you can post them, Kind thanks and Happy New Year!
Old 01-03-2019, 09:19 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Here is a few pics following the detail including a couple of the interior for doctorharrison

The car had full front (hood, bumper, headlights and front quarter panels) + rear bumper Suntek wrap. Also whole car CQuartz ceramic coating. I wish I had a better place to take some photos, but with it being January in Chicago I'm just happy its not snowing

Big thanks to Ivan and Ronan at Lustr Detail in Palatine, IL. They did an outstanding job

Old 01-03-2019, 09:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Thanks!

Gorgeous! Thanks for posting.

Coincidence, indeed in that I just ordered my A7 this very morning!
Prestige, S-Line, Daytona Grey, Black Leather, Contour Seats, 20" All-Seasons (since we're in New England, 21" are not practical), Cold Weather Pkg, Assistance Pkg, Convenience Pkg
and are you ready? - 6% off MSRP plus a Loyalty Discount as well. Love my dealership. Very, very happy!

btw, now you need to change your moniker to ChicagoA7

Last edited by doctorharrison; 01-03-2019 at 10:22 AM.
Old 01-03-2019, 12:01 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Congrats. You will love it.

When we bought the first A7 in 2011 I thought about changing my name, but 3 A7s later I sorta like ChicagoA6. Besides what I want next is the eTron GT.... ��
Old 01-03-2019, 01:17 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Interesting location for the front license plate. Mine is in the middle solid strip. I'm not sure which location I like better (but I'm not moving it anyway!)
Old 01-03-2019, 02:58 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I’m not sure I’m a fan either of it being mounted so low, but that is where they put it. One downside is that any bumper tap I might get at work (cars are double stacked) would scuff the solid middle strip
Old 01-04-2019, 08:06 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Im not liking that grill one bit.. Its all black and boring. The car at the auto show had chrome strips and even in the brochure and it looks much better. What was Audi thinking... I cannot customize it to select the regular chrome grill. I hate the all black out. It doesnt stand out. Otherwise your car is beautiful!
Old 01-05-2019, 09:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Baloo588
Im not liking that grill one bit.. Its all black and boring. The car at the auto show had chrome strips and even in the brochure and it looks much better... Otherwise your car is beautiful!
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but I can appreciate the appeal of the chrome grill details. It certainly (to me, so no flames please) looks more elegant and refined. I do like that...

But, for someone such as myself who had hoped to be able to order the Europe-available Black Optics Package, my heart goes in the other direction - towards a bit more stealthy and aggressive perhaps. To wit, I will be having an after-market matte black vinyl chrome delete installed on the grill trim, side window surround and long horizontal tail chrome strips.

There are many problems with that brochure, your issue with the chrome grill details for one. Another, towards the end of the brochure, is a grid showing the difference between the A7, the BMW 640i and the Benz CLS 450 titled "Sometimes It's Not Fair To Compare". It lists Audi's Dynamic All Wheel-Steering as an available option, which it certainly is not. Damn you Audi for denying us this and giving us the frikken' fake exhaust ports instead. Shame on you. And the brochure is from AudiUSA of all sources and directed to the US Market, no less. [ [url]https://www.audiusa.com/models/audi-a7?tile=features-and-specs-overview ]

YMMV, but that's the thing about opinions, everyone has one...
Old 01-05-2019, 09:44 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Obviously with my car being black the grill will get a little lost, but on a lighter color it will jump out more. Also my photos are not the best quality so best to see for yourself at a local dealership.

I agree on missing the tailpipes... Hopefully the S7 will bring those back
Old 01-06-2019, 02:13 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Also do you guys know if they will make the dynamic steering avail later this year? I am ordering the 2020 Audi S7 and the pipes are real by the spy photos thank god!

Quick Reply: Initial Impressions