A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

Initial Impressions

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2019, 11:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by johncolts54
Doctor, that is a nice discount for the A7. I have a 2017 Q7 Prestige with night vision and just turned 18K miles. Anyway I was at my dealer about 3 weeks ago and was talking to them about the A7(love the car). I told him to give me some numbers and he would call me later. Well he called and the A7 can't discount, maybe over retail he said. My Q7 is getting up there to a lot of miles on it and 47K on trade or buy. Asked him if he was turning into the car salesman of past to ripoff mode. When I purchased the Q7, they told me if I got rid of it let them be first to try. Not a good first.
Ive been to all the sites that prices the vehicle and he was off and when looking up sales not many around but the pricing all was in the 50's with similar mileage. Sorry so long but want the A7 and hearing your deal, I am appalled at my salesman . Just thought id vent a little sorry....John
Hi John,

I feel your pain.

I’m up in Detroit, and when I was looking for my new Audi (SQ5), my 3 local dealers wouldn’t budge off of MSRP, as they had just been released a few months prior.

Truly angered based on what other people on AudiWorld had negotiated, I did my research, got the current residual and money factor from Edmunds, and located 5 cars across the Midwest on Cars.com that I’d be willing to take. Using a lease calculator, I then emailed all 5 dealers with my offer (6% off of MSRP) with my exact monthly payment and drive-away.

Audi of Ft. Wayne took the bait (and was the first to do so), I left a phone deposit to hold the car, emailed my credit app, and drove down Friday of that week to pick up my new car.

Fantastic experience.

For me, dealer allegiance means very little, as my local dealers are never willing to negotiate when purchasing a new car, regardless of the fact that I’m a repeat customer.

Ironically, my local dealer now performs all of my service and warranty work, and I see my former salesman every time I’m there.

Long story short, with the amount of information available online, don’t wait for numbers from your dealer, make them the offer, based on your research.

According to Cars.com, there are 730 2019 A7’s in inventory across the country, so they’re hardly rare. Make your offer to multiple dealers, and someone will bite.
Old 02-13-2019, 02:43 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by kubica
Hi John,

I feel your pain.

I’m up in Detroit, and when I was looking for my new Audi (SQ5), my 3 local dealers wouldn’t budge off of MSRP, as they had just been released a few months prior.

Truly angered based on what other people on AudiWorld had negotiated, I did my research, got the current residual and money factor from Edmunds, and located 5 cars across the Midwest on Cars.com that I’d be willing to take. Using a lease calculator, I then emailed all 5 dealers with my offer (6% off of MSRP) with my exact monthly payment and drive-away.

Audi of Ft. Wayne took the bait (and was the first to do so), I left a phone deposit to hold the car, emailed my credit app, and drove down Friday of that week to pick up my new car.

Fantastic experience.

For me, dealer allegiance means very little, as my local dealers are never willing to negotiate when purchasing a new car, regardless of the fact that I’m a repeat customer.

Ironically, my local dealer now performs all of my service and warranty work, and I see my former salesman every time I’m there.

Long story short, with the amount of information available online, don’t wait for numbers from your dealer, make them the offer, based on your research.

According to Cars.com, there are 730 2019 A7’s in inventory across the country, so they’re hardly rare. Make your offer to multiple dealers, and someone will bite.

Hey there,

I am from Birmingham, Mi. Go talk with Rob Millar at Porsche of birmingham. He sells Audi too and will help with pricing. Let him know that Tej referred you. I am very good relationship with Rob. Also I am Audi club NA member lifetime and got 6% off MRSP on my A7 immediately after becoming member 4 years ago. Definitely consider that.
Tej D
Old 02-14-2019, 06:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Baloo588
Hey there,

I am from Birmingham, Mi. Go talk with Rob Millar at Porsche of birmingham. He sells Audi too and will help with pricing. Let him know that Tej referred you. I am very good relationship with Rob. Also I am Audi club NA member lifetime and got 6% off MRSP on my A7 immediately after becoming member 4 years ago. Definitely consider that.
Tej D
Thanks Tej!
I'm lifetime as well, but Farmington, Rochester, and Lavery (where I'm assuming Rob is located) wouldn't honor the discount on the SQ5 at that time...
I'll definitely give Rob a buzz next year...
- Doug
Old 02-14-2019, 08:25 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by kubica
Thanks Tej!
I'm lifetime as well, but Farmington, Rochester, and Lavery (where I'm assuming Rob is located) wouldn't honor the discount on the SQ5 at that time...
I'll definitely give Rob a buzz next year...
- Doug
Hey nice to meet you Doug!

Surprisingly, the audi club NA website shows this:
At participating US Audi dealers, you will be able to purchase or lease select new Audi models at 6% below MSRP (excluding RS3, S5 Sportback, RS5, RS7, A8 W12, S8 Plus, e-tron, Q8, R8, and TTRS). Contact your dealer prior to purchase to confirm their participation in the program.

SQ5 and 2019 A7 should be allowed 6% discount. Rob will def honor it. He told me to become member so he could do 6% discount plus Audi loyalty bonus.
Old 02-14-2019, 09:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

6% off MSRP as well without even a blink of the eye. In fact, I was informed it was due more to a directive from Audi America to the dealer to reduce their margin by 6% rather than due to my request. PM me for my dealership info if you wish (Metro-Boston).
So far: order date Jan3, in queue for production start without a firm date, anticipated delivery April-ish.