A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

Purchasing A7, questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2019, 07:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Purchasing A7, questions

Looking to purchase the 2019 A7,

1. Any complaints from those who have owned the car? Rattles, etc.
2. Any way to watch movies/videos while driving? Was able to unlock this feature in my current BMW. Any other unlock able features?
3. Any options that are must have's?
4. Any regrets/compliments regarding the car?

Thanks
Old 04-18-2019, 08:19 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Here is my take....

1) Car has been nothing, but solid. No rattles or anything. My one compliant so far is the speed limit sign recognition. Here in Illinois on Interstates they have posted limited for cars (say 70mph). Then 100 feet later they have a speed limit for trucks /buses (say 60 mph). The car reads both signs and since the bus/truck sign is the last one it shows that as the limit. Certainly not a big deal, but does bug me. Other compliant is the cheap plastic shift paddles. At this price they should be milled aluminum.

2) Have not tried to unlock video playing

3) The two options I love are 1) the comfort seats. The seats are great, but it includes the extra leather package which makes for a great interior. 2) The S-Line package with the sport suspension. That may not be for everyone, but I really like it

4) Only potential regret is the $5K B&O 3D Audio system. It’s not as good as I would have hoped. That said wireless CarPlay is fantastic

best of luck
Old 04-20-2019, 01:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks for the input! Decided to go for the car.

Originally Posted by chicagoA6
Here is my take....

1) Car has been nothing, but solid. No rattles or anything. My one compliant so far is the speed limit sign recognition. Here in Illinois on Interstates they have posted limited for cars (say 70mph). Then 100 feet later they have a speed limit for trucks /buses (say 60 mph). The car reads both signs and since the bus/truck sign is the last one it shows that as the limit. Certainly not a big deal, but does bug me. Other compliant is the cheap plastic shift paddles. At this price they should be milled aluminum.

3) The two options I love are 1) the comfort seats. The seats are great, but it includes the extra leather package which makes for a great interior. 2) The S-Line package with the sport suspension. That may not be for everyone, but I really like it

4) Only potential regret is the $5K B&O 3D Audio system. It’s not as good as I would have hoped. That said wireless CarPlay is fantastic

best of luck
Old 04-20-2019, 02:28 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Post pics when you get her!
Old 04-21-2019, 08:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Post pics when you get her!
Could you comment on Audi A7 reliability? New engine.
We have an BMW X5 with no problems but, our Audi Q5 has always created problems (interior leaks, water pump, piston problem (needs a new quart of oil every 500 miles).
Old 04-21-2019, 09:44 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

No issues thus far and our 2 previous A7s (MY12 and MY15) were flawless also. All purchased from new.

The only complaint I would have is our 2015 A7 had a recurring issue with warped front rotors. However, the dealer always replaced for free
Old 04-21-2019, 04:02 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by possib1edoc
Looking to purchase the 2019 A7,

1. Any complaints from those who have owned the car? Rattles, etc.
2. Any way to watch movies/videos while driving? Was able to unlock this feature in my current BMW. Any other unlock able features?
3. Any options that are must have's?
4. Any regrets/compliments regarding the car?

Thanks
1) mmi initializes slow (home buttons etc). Sometimes up to 60 seconds
3) prestige is pretty amazing. Dual pane windows was important to me and the sound system that comes with it is great. I paid $75k for the prestige that was $83.5 sticker so the price wasn’t that much more than prem plus
4) been great and gets positive attention
Old 04-22-2019, 02:39 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Brian Littleton
1) mmi initializes slow (home buttons etc). Sometimes up to 60 seconds
3) prestige is pretty amazing. Dual pane windows was important to me and the sound system that comes with it is great. I paid $75k for the prestige that was $83.5 sticker so the price wasn’t that much more than prem plus
4) been great and gets positive attention
Thanks for the input! Any rattles or daily annoyances with the car since its first year of the new model?
Old 04-22-2019, 02:54 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by possib1edoc
Thanks for the input! Any rattles or daily annoyances with the car since its first year of the new model?
Nope, buy the car and enjoy it. It's such a pleasure to have.
Old 04-24-2019, 10:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here is my take....

best of luck
Hi there,

In my 2019 A7, sometimes I feel a strange little rattle that feels like the car has turned off when I get close to 0mph although I have turned-off the auto Star/Stop system. Have you ever encountered this behavior?

BTW, the RPM keeps around 1 so I am pretty sure that the car hasn't turned off. Could it be the Mild Hybrid System

Last edited by okkazo; 04-24-2019 at 10:50 AM.

Quick Reply: Purchasing A7, questions