A8 / S8 (D2 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D2 Audi A8 and S8 produced from 1994-2002
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2000 A8 Fuel pump complete unit for sale

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2013, 05:51 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Default 2000 A8 Fuel pump complete unit for sale

Last year, the pump went out on my 2000 A8. I had problems with the shop doing installing it wrong but eventually they made it right. (long story). Anyhow I paid through the nose to have it replaced. When i picked it up, i asked for the old pump. (big ugly plastic thing).

Why did I do that? My wife has a 98 A8 with 150K miles and i thought, "why not take the core and replace the pump inside". I did that but did not install it. It's been sitting on my shelf and we are selling my wife's car. Since I can't imagine putting another 150 on my car and wearing out the new pump, I hope to sell it.

"SilverD2" pointed me in the right direction. Between his advice and youtube video. I got the right pump from a seller in the UK. I made sure it was the right part number, then cleaned the housing thoroughly and followed the directions on Youtube. I now have a complete, like-new pump (dare I call it rebuilt?.

After I was done, I put 12v on the new unit and it ran fine. Then I put 12v on the pump I removed. It ran but made a funny noise. For my own sanity, I took apart the old pump (just to see). Sure enough the stator (the thing were brushes contact) was worn way down.

So I have pictures of the box the new pump came in. I have pictures of the pump that i took apart. I can take a picture looking down in the housing to show the shiny new pump inside. I have a paypal receipt dated July, 2012 from the Worldcarparts in the UK for $203.74 ($161.67 + 42.07 shipping).

I also paid another $70 something to a local dealer for a gasket set (including the little "o" rings, the big rubber gasket for the housing and the metal/rubber seal where the housing mates in the tank with the pickup. (these are still in the plastic bags they came in.

A complete pump from Audi will set you back at least $800 (more if you pay retail price). And that doesn't include the gasket set.

So, what is it worth? I know you would be buying a pig in a poke because you don't know me. (other that being around audi world for about 15 yrs and posting stuff off and on). If you are anywhere near MI, you can come and see it also.

i'm willing to take an offer and give you a money back guarantee. if it doesn't work, I'll refund your money, less shipping. this of course, assumes you put it in the correct way because we know that can be a problem.

If you're looking for more assurance, I can put this thing on ebay and state that it is guaranteed to work and refundable, which gives you recourse through ebay.

I've got almost $300 into it and that doesn't include my highly skilled labor. Anyone want to make an offer?