A8 / S8 (D2 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D2 Audi A8 and S8 produced from 1994-2002
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2000 Ming Blue A8 Part out near Philly

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2013, 04:55 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I should out you

i have our entire email thread
I should out you and post it so all can how much time I took with you and how friendly I was when I
EDUCATED you on your own model of car and how it does not share parts with the A8 that though it did.

sounding familar?

Originally Posted by S8ilver
I'm looking for a rear valance.
Old 03-15-2013, 05:52 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default fog light grills

do you have the fog light grills?
Originally Posted by hutchb2
I think enough has been said on the topic...

WHO NEEDS PARTS?
Old 03-15-2013, 11:13 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by omarcarbomb
do you have the fog light grills?
He does not, but I can get the passenger side, like new condition, seller wants $125
Old 03-16-2013, 01:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default $125! now thats what an A8 part should cost.

sure you can't do $20? I'm living with my parents and saving up for a place. If I could get a job in the city I could move out faster but my A8 is in limp mode and can only go 40 miles before it needs to rest for a few hours so i'm still working at the video store by my house.

btw do you know what that symbol in the cluster means that looks like two circles? is my tire flat?

also do you have the little plastic **** on the nav control?
I could use that and some lug nut covers

maybe I could buy all of it off of you for a package deal like $30?

Originally Posted by TerminA8r
He does not, but I can get the passenger side, like new condition, seller wants $125
Old 03-16-2013, 05:13 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by TerminA8r
He's being a sarcastic ***. He's not interested at all.

sure you can't do $20? I'm living with my parents and saving up for a place.......
How old are you? Take your frustrations elsewhere, guy.
Old 03-17-2013, 06:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default In my mid forties

bought my first D2 off the factory floor for 67K in 2000.
Needed it for clients for my 200K per year job

Fell in love with the car, on my third one.

whats your D2 story?

Originally Posted by hutchb2
He's being a sarcastic ***. He's not interested at all.

How old are you? Take your frustrations elsewhere, guy.
Old 03-18-2013, 06:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have our entire email thread
I should out you and post it so all can how much time I took with you and how friendly I was when I
EDUCATED you on your own model of car and how it does not share parts with the A8 that though it did.

sounding familar?
Out me on my lack of knowledge of every interior trim/wood option on an A8? Go for it chief. I believe we had a discussion about ash tray insert with trim (you said you only had the plastic insert without the chromed trim), maplight lens housing (A8 never came in black, and I didn't know this when you listed your interior as "ebony"...sue me!), wood trim colors (there are many many discussions on here of what came as standard options on A8/S8...pretty sure people come to forums to learn), and black vs. wood switch trim panels (again, you "educated" me on colors of trim panels...that really does show my lack of car knowlege as I did forget to memorize all of the color combinations before the Audi exam). I can post the emails too if you like.

I was never rude to you once until you starting insulting me personally and others. You made it a point to come into someone else's 'parting out' post and make comments. No one asked for your experience, but you decided on your own to be condescending to anyone that didn't share your vast knowledge or do things exactly as you would have.

...and then to comment on your salary and purchase of new A8. You really exude class. It must be lonely having 5 seats in your car and 4 of them always empty...but if someone scratched the leather you'd just buy an entire new interior, right?
Old 03-18-2013, 08:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default where did I insult you?

quote it please.

Originally Posted by S8ilver
Out me on my lack of knowledge of every interior trim/wood option on an A8? Go for it chief. I believe we had a discussion about ash tray insert with trim (you said you only had the plastic insert without the chromed trim), maplight lens housing (A8 never came in black, and I didn't know this when you listed your interior as "ebony"...sue me!), wood trim colors (there are many many discussions on here of what came as standard options on A8/S8...pretty sure people come to forums to learn), and black vs. wood switch trim panels (again, you "educated" me on colors of trim panels...that really does show my lack of car knowlege as I did forget to memorize all of the color combinations before the Audi exam). I can post the emails too if you like.

I was never rude to you once until you starting insulting me personally and others. You made it a point to come into someone else's 'parting out' post and make comments. No one asked for your experience, but you decided on your own to be condescending to anyone that didn't share your vast knowledge or do things exactly as you would have.

...and then to comment on your salary and purchase of new A8. You really exude class. It must be lonely having 5 seats in your car and 4 of them always empty...but if someone scratched the leather you'd just buy an entire new interior, right?
Old 03-18-2013, 09:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I highlighted my favorite comment.

wouldn't you say that story confirms my theory
you fixed it yourslef and bought it on the cheap.
shipping and handling alone of the valance from me to you would have been more than $20

I just dinged my right side fog light and bought a new one.
I have my old one I can use as a spare. I try to keep my car looking factory and clean. I have met a few guys like that while parting car out but also a lot of kids and broke wanna be pimps who really can't afford A8 maintanence who are looking to drive this amazing car without constantly putting money into it. That is just a fantasy and where there fantsay and reality intersects is where the waste of time happens. I will say it again, in the SF bay area there are alot of guys trying have caviar on food stamp tuna finsh budget.

If you see my recent post on my transmission project I'm about to spend $1500 on preventative maintance. Thats more than alot of these a8 drivers are willing to spend to fix their car when the tranny goes out and they just buy a honda. There was a really funny post on who is driving A8's if somebody knows the one I'm talking about please re-post it.
So the "kids and broke wanna be pimps" comment was just a generalization and not directed at me? It was a direct reply to my post.
Old 03-18-2013, 12:27 PM
AudiWorld Member

wood trim pieces?

Quick Reply: 2000 Ming Blue A8 Part out near Philly