A8 / S8 (D2 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D2 Audi A8 and S8 produced from 1994-2002
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2004 cell phone voice dialling is Standard / OnStar voice phone Standard / V60 Optional --A8l8745i

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2003, 10:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2004 cell phone voice dialling is Standard / OnStar voice phone Standard / V60 Optional --A8l8745i

I'm reading the MMI owners manual. Yes the MMI does include a cell phone voice dialer in the car. (like the British guys discribed on this forum). You push the steering wheel PTT button and say the phone number (one at a time). It dials either the standard OnStar voice cell phone or the optional V60 Motorola. For OnStar you just have to buy the minutes package (e.g 100, 500, 1000 min.)

I've never used OnStar, but reading about it, the manual says OnStar will send and recieve voice phone calls and data/email on the MMI screen. There is a 80 second voice recorder to record OnStar memos/info. Etc.

www.OnStar.com

Feature: Personal Calling

Function: Make and receive calls in your vehicle with a fully integrated, hands-free, wireless phone that uses voice-activated commands. You'll also receive Virtual Advisor which lets you track your portfolio with stock quotes and investment tools provided by Fidelity Investments, get the latest news updates or hear your daily horoscope and stay in tune with the weather, traffic and your favorite sports teams. You can even listen to your email and reply from your vehicle.

Benefit: It's there for you just in case your hand-held cell phone is lost forgotten or has a low battery. No activation fees. No additional long distance or roaming charges. Even better, there's no wireless equipment to purchase or keep track of. These voice-activated tools keep you safely connected to the outside world while driving.

Traffic Watch Service

This page is devoted to informing the Visitor of new and future services, service enhancements and feature updates for the OnStar Virtual Advisor*.

*Note: OnStar Subscription and Personal Calling are required to use any of the Virtual Advisor features and functionality.

Virtual Advisor

Virtual Advisor Traffic -
Voice Command: "Get my Traffic."

OnStar subscribers now get real-time traffic reports 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at the touch of a button. Now available in 68 of the largest U.S. cities, Traffic reports include both local and broader Metro Areas.

Using location-based GPS reports, or customized reports through the Virtual Advisor* subscribers get exactly the Traffic information they need - when they need it and where they need it.

Subscribers get their Traffic reports in their vehicle by using simple voice commands once they connect to the Virtual Advisor. They can set up customized Traffic reports for the routes (primary, secondary or alternate) that they travel regularly by logging onto myonstar.com. And, should they need to hear about Traffic info for areas not covered by their reports, that's also available at the touch of a button.

Every vehicle enabled with Personal Calling has access to Virtual Advisor services - Traffic plus Weather, News, Financial Services, Sports or Entertainment. Once subscribers set up a Virtual Advisor profile, they can have their email delivered to them in-vehicle, as well.<ul><li><a href="http://www.OnStar.com">http://www.OnStar.com</a</li></ul>
Old 05-10-2003, 09:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HEY FREQUENT thanks for the post!