A8 / S8 (D2 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D2 Audi A8 and S8 produced from 1994-2002
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

99' D2//4D0 512 169 D = Shock Mount

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2018, 01:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 99' D2//4D0 512 169 D = Shock Mount

Since I cannot locate the above "rear shock mount kit,"
I was curious if rebuilding the mount is the path to take?
pc
Old 07-19-2018, 05:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Shock Mount Kit

Originally Posted by pocketchange
Since I cannot locate the above "rear shock mount kit,"
I was curious if rebuilding the mount is the path to take?
pc
A lot of us have had good luck ordering from the UK. In fact, that's the preferred, fastest way to get "the correct" fuel pump.
These guys have it:
https://www.autodoc.co.uk/car-parts/oem/4d0512169d

I tend to use worldcarparts.co.uk for fuel pumps, although I didn't check to see if they have this part.
Old 07-19-2018, 09:46 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 81 Likes on 74 Posts

The fuel pump can now be had from USA suppliers, I got one from partscontainer off ebay and one from Europaparts from their website. Under $150.
Old 07-19-2018, 10:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by jfrahm
The fuel pump can now be had from USA suppliers, I got one from partscontainer off ebay and one from Europaparts from their website. Under $150.
I think World Car Parts (north London) got the last one here in about 10 days for just under $100, Although, I just checked on my last order for two was from Latvia-- that was $110 delivered to CA for two units. That took just over two weeks. It's good to know we have US suppliers stocking the correct parts now, since sometimes it would be handy to get parts in days not weeks.

Speaking of which, I need to post about the adventure of "bad fuel pump syndrome" in that 2001 A8 sometime-- I thought I'd seen everything in dealing with fuel pumps on these, but I got a real surprise.
Old 07-20-2018, 06:41 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 81 Likes on 74 Posts

The Intermotor brand pump? It'd be nice if there was a good aftermarket option. I had a lot of problems with an MTM aftermarket, it almost worked well enough to run the scavenge system. Almost.
Old 07-21-2018, 07:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

The WorldCarParts.co.uk guys in North London sent a VDO part, which I assume is genuine-- it had the VDO hologram sticker thing on the box.
I need to go rummage around in the trunk of my S8 to see what the Latvian guys from Riga sent. My "never leave the city limits without this stuff" in the trunk now includes a spare fuel pump, alternator-regulator replacement and a serpentine.

I also have a Ming Blue A8L (2001 as well) that I need to check out my fuel pump theory on... Here and over on QW there's this strange pattern about fuel pumps failing a lot more on empty tanks of gas. I've now how had three "go out" like that, but... I know I'll get flamed when I post it, but I have a theory about why that "appears" to be the case. But I did find something very strange before I went to replace my fuel pump on the S8 a couple of weeks ago. I think it's related to the scavenge system-- which they re-designed in the D3 right?
Old 07-21-2018, 08:59 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default The OP

Any chance this fuel pump discussion can move to a separate thread..!! pc
Old 07-21-2018, 09:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

@pocketchange

Yes, absolutely. Apologies-- I took this OT. Trying to do too many things at once today as I'm trying to track down a wiring issue on an old Benz and weighed in without a new thread. Once I get the signals working again on this beast I'll start a new thread.
Old 07-21-2018, 07:13 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Oxnardo Ring
A lot of us have had good luck ordering from the UK. In fact, that's the preferred, fastest way to get "the correct" fuel pump.
These guys have it:
https://www.autodoc.co.uk/car-parts/oem/4d0512169d

I tend to use worldcarparts.co.uk for fuel pumps, although I didn't check to see if they have this part.
You link shows the part out of stock, just like I found when trying to order them anywhere in the UK or USA.

-Richard
Old 07-21-2018, 09:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

World Car Parts supplier of "correct" OEM fuel pump. They have never failed me...
Originally Posted by audinutt
You link shows the part out of stock, just like I found when trying to order them anywhere in the UK or USA.

-Richard
I've generally used World Car Parts in North London. They are showing lots of stock on the fuel pump. They are great guys, even called to check (it was the middle of the night here in CA) when I once had a fuel pump drop-shipped to our office in London but billed to the US credit card. They wanted to confirm it wasn't card fraud.
Here's the web address for them...

I'll go poke around for the shock mount.

Quick Reply: 99' D2//4D0 512 169 D = Shock Mount