A8 / S8 (D2 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D2 Audi A8 and S8 produced from 1994-2002
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A8 Intake Arms 077-198-327A

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2013, 07:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A8 Intake Arms 077-198-327A

Will these cause a check engine light to come on if the plastic links break? I think that is the issue on my car.

Audi/VW 4.2V8 Intake Linkage Arms !

Replaces OEM P/N 077198327A (077-198-327A)
Old 07-29-2013, 08:59 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

No.

Go to any national auto parts store (Advance, Autozone, O'Reilly's , etc) and get free code scan.

Post here the code(s) they found...NOT just the text, but the actual code #...should be a "P" followed by 4 digits or a 5 digit #.
Old 09-03-2013, 05:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

Wonder if they make the rod and lever arms too. Both are also broken on mine.

Originally Posted by AudiNut87
Will these cause a check engine light to come on if the plastic links break? I think that is the issue on my car.

Audi/VW 4.2V8 Intake Linkage Arms !

Replaces OEM P/N 077198327A (077-198-327A)
Old 09-03-2013, 07:36 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Wonder if they make the rod and lever arms too. Both are also broken on mine.
Not sure what you mean (terminology?) ...take a photo and post.

But, no ...Gruven does not make any other intake parts.

What codes did you find for your original CEL?
Old 09-09-2013, 12:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

Just saw this today on their facebook page

Audi/VW 4.2 V8 Intake Manifold Pivot Levers !

This is what I needed. I havent had codes scanned yet, Im hoping the CE light goes off once I have all this stuff installed and drive it 50 miles...
Old 09-09-2013, 01:44 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Just saw this today on their facebook page

Audi/VW 4.2 V8 Intake Manifold Pivot Levers !

This is what I needed. I havent had codes scanned yet, Im hoping the CE light goes off once I have all this stuff installed and drive it 50 miles...
Cool...I didn't know they were making those now. Too bad the "stem" these fit over is plastic, too.

On codes: Ones that set of the CEL will clear after 2 driving cycles IF the problem no longer exists. I (and many others) keep a cheap code reader handy (about $40-80) handy...I just leave mine in the car, along with a spare coil.
Old 09-13-2013, 04:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

You are right my codes are gone after this fix ! Thanks

Oh and the dealer had quoted OVER $2000 ! in parts to replace these links and levers. Wow. Just Wow. Do any of you guys get ANYTHING at the dealer? The parts counter guy was so arrogant too, he actually told me I had no choice. LOL. I told him I was going to print out this thread and hand it to him. Thanks for all help here guys.

Originally Posted by silverd2
Cool...I didn't know they were making those now. Too bad the "stem" these fit over is plastic, too.

On codes: Ones that set of the CEL will clear after 2 driving cycles IF the problem no longer exists. I (and many others) keep a cheap code reader handy (about $40-80) handy...I just leave mine in the car, along with a spare coil.
Old 09-24-2013, 05:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

do you guys use seafoam every once and a while to help clean the intake manifolds? ive heard some swear by it and others say it will disintegrate the intake manifold.
Old 09-24-2013, 05:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You are right my codes are gone after this fix ! Thanks

Oh and the dealer had quoted OVER $2000 ! in parts to replace these links and levers. Wow. Just Wow. Do any of you guys get ANYTHING at the dealer? The parts counter guy was so arrogant too, he actually told me I had no choice. LOL. I told him I was going to print out this thread and hand it to him. Thanks for all help here guys.
That sounds like a typical Audi parts counter to me.

I bought a battery at a local dealer. It died just over a year later, brought it in to exchange (~3 hours of my life I'll never get back), and then was "allowed" to pay a prorated price as Audi only warranties their batteries for 12 months! My local auto parts store carries an 84 month warranty on their batteries; unfortunately, none but the Audi battery fit properly in the space. I use a battery maintainer now.

I tried to buy some caliper bolts when I did my front brakes. Those were "special order" and the parts guy said that they don't even replace them during brake jobs (Bentley says to replace).

Other than that, I avoid them like the plague. Now I stick with GAP if I need a dealer-only item. I did stock up on free Cliff Bars and Vitamin waters in the service waiting room though There were so many sad faces in that wating room.
Old 09-24-2013, 05:46 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 80 Likes on 65 Posts

do you guys use seafoam every once and a while to help clean the intake manifolds? ive heard some swear by it and others say it will disintegrate the intake manifold.
I've put Seafoam in both my cars four times a year for the past 5 years and have never had any problems to date.

When I got my D2, I ran a can of Seafoam each month for the first three months I had it.

I don't know for sure if Seafoam helps or not but I believe it does so...

BTW - Seafoam's Deep Creep is the best multi-use penetrating lubricant on the market IMO.

Quick Reply: A8 Intake Arms 077-198-327A